Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 Government Considering Diaspora Enfranchised
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Kitabul Arerr

Gambia
645 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2012 :  14:51:52  Show Profile Send Kitabul Arerr a Private Message
I agree too, that the proposed Jammeh/Diaspora meeting should/have been held on neutral ground.
It would attract more Diasporians interest then. Otherwise, only a handful of diasporian
Jammeh supporters will attend, I guess. And that's a shame......................................................lol!

The New Gambia - Stronger Together!
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2012 :  19:25:41  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
But to have a meeting in a place where freedom of speech and exchange of ideas for improvement are recognised and accepted and not Gambia would have not been a very good idea for the "organiser" surely?

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 03 Jan 2012 12:43:19
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2012 :  02:19:38  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
GAINAKO NEWS COMMENTARY WITH Abdoulie Jallow (BambaLaye) ON ;

Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2012 :  00:40:46  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
I wonder who attended ? H.E. was apparently out of the country,no mention of anybody except Gambian administration personnel.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2012 :  01:06:25  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
DAILY OBSERVER NEWS;

THE POINT NEWS;

GAINAKO NEWS;

JOLLOf ON-LINE NEWS:

Edited by - kobo on 05 Jan 2012 01:29:40
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2012 :  12:30:02  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
DAILY OBSERVER NEWS AND EDITORIAL;
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2012 :  13:01:27  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
http://observer.gm/africa/gambia/article/govt-to-create-diaspora-gambians-unit-in-foreign-ministry

How could I have thought that money and grants from the world bank were not involved ? yes, folks Money again,very disappointing I thought that someone had had a good idea!! and it appears that as its called e consult it can all be done on line, great!

Here is a link to the world bank video I found.

http://www.worldbank.org/afr/video/diaspora/20080526/econsult.html

“Recognising the significant contributions that the Diaspora can make in the development of African nations, the World Bank has established a mechanism such as the E-consult where Diaspora consultants would register for World Bank-funded projects,” Minister Tangara also disclosed.

Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11626 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2012 :  08:35:11  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
See the GRTS transmission of the Diaspora Summit on Raaki at: http://raaki.net/diaspora

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2012 :  18:30:31  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Be very interesting to see a list of who attended from outside the administration.

Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2012 :  03:24:00  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
GAINAKO NEWS;

MAAFANTA.COM COMMENTARY WITH AGAIN Abdoulie Jallow (BambaLaye);

MAAFANTA.COM WITH ANOTHER COMMENTARY BY MATHEW K. JALLOW;

HELLO GAMBIA WITH;

Edited by - kobo on 07 Jan 2012 22:40:53
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2012 :  12:07:12  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message

quote:
Originally posted by toubab1020

Be very interesting to see a list of who attended from outside the administration.

Even the indexing master Kobo has been unable to find that list that would make everything clear,this event appears to be just a show,and one that has backfired on the organisers at that,many good general points have been raised in KOBS's links above,although the articles are a bit rambling !.

Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11626 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2012 :  15:46:07  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Toubab, I doubt you will see any list. I understand most of the attendees are on the state's payroll and was compelled to attend.

“Kobo gets on everyone's nerves with his long repetitive references that he cuts and pastes”.

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2012 :  17:59:31  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Hmmmmmmmmmmm I See

Go to Top of Page

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2012 :  21:26:56  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message
Toubab 1020, from what the TV cameras captured, some of the faces are those of Gambian AMBASSADORS from around the world if that too is called DIASPORA. You are right, it is one big show of familiar faces. One may wonder why the bigger face of chief Jammeh failed the TV cameras.

Karamba
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2012 :  22:14:51  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Karamba, you are very much more in tune with who people are than I am ,your identification seems to confirm what I think most have been thinking that this was not a serious idea to engage those Gambian who have chosen to live and work abroad,if a brain drain has occurred surely it is up to the administration to ensure that it does not continue?
A great opportunity for national enhancement has been missed,as I wrote before MANY Gambians living and working abroad would have attended the event had it been held on natural ground.
H.E. did not apparently attend, for reasons that are unknown at this time,but whatever those reasons were they must have been very serious.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06