Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: World politics
 Arab spring - now Western Spring ?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2011 :  20:09:43  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Two totally different circumstances,one the Arab spring fighting for freedom an regime change, The other, I shall call Western spring fighting about hardship for their people having to bail out their countries economies,UK Greece etc.Both seem to relate to greed arab spring by leaders not providing for their people ,Western spring demonstrating about the total greed of the banks.Quite similar in may ways.Any comments ?
(Don't write, the world is in a mess, we all know that )

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13935400

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/1457184/Police-fire-on-Kurds-in-fifth-day-of-Syria-riots.html

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Scorpiorain

Barbados
152 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2011 :  20:22:03  Show Profile Send Scorpiorain a Private Message
Or perhaps an African Spring?

http://stream.aljazeera.com/story/african-spring
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2011 :  21:34:27  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Maybe, everything is possible, perhaps the world is due for a shake up,good link thanks.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2011 :  12:51:27  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
LATEST BBC NEWS;

Greece set for austerity vote

Greece vote may bring only temporary relief
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2011 :  13:36:47  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Greece WILL have an ongoing problem even if they get the loan,as far as I can see Greece has no chance of ever repaying this debt, this will impact without any doubt on the Euro countries,I suspect that such a circumstance will have the effect of bringing about the death of the Euro,probably a good thing for big countries of the Euro countries like France and Germany who MAY then revert to their previous currency.Southern European countries, Portugal, Greece, and the smaller members will have big problems and will be unable to get any loans from anybody,a knock on effect for Banks will also take place resulting in a melt down of the western financial system.
In this case GORDON BROWN did the UK a favour in not making UK join the Eurozone perhaps the only good thing that he has done during his time in office.

Go to Top of Page

Scorpiorain

Barbados
152 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2011 :  14:04:07  Show Profile Send Scorpiorain a Private Message
Not to worry our new colonial masters (China) are going to bail everyone out
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2011 :  19:42:11  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message

You may jest,but in truth they probably could ,hmmmmmm, that takes some thinking about !! knives and forks would be a thing of the past,shall I pass the noodles Scorpiorain ? more rice wine ? sorry we are out of Julbrew .

quote:
Originally posted by Scorpiorain

Not to worry our new colonial masters (China) are going to bail everyone out

Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2011 :  20:59:45  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
LATEST FROM BBC Greece passes key austerity vote
Go to Top of Page

Scorpiorain

Barbados
152 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2011 :  21:13:11  Show Profile Send Scorpiorain a Private Message
It's ok toubab I have the chopsticks mastered but out of Julbrew? Not possible!

Well he has europe wrapped up and the whole of sudan :)
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2011 :  21:16:38  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
OK NO problem at all PLENTY of Attaya

quote:
Originally posted by Scorpiorain

It's ok toubab I have the chopsticks mastered but out of Julbrew? Not possible!

Well he has europe wrapped up and the whole of sudan :)

Go to Top of Page

Sister Omega

United Kingdom
2085 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2011 :  23:44:30  Show Profile  Visit Sister Omega's Homepage Send Sister Omega a Private Message
Hey Toubab it's no longer spring therefore it must be a European Summer.

Peace
Sister Omega
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2011 :  01:15:35  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
OK OK I know but you have to go with the flow of newly coined words for these events don't you !

Edited by - toubab1020 on 01 Jul 2011 01:16:24
Go to Top of Page

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2011 :  17:41:06  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
West is more like autumn, and winter is coming soon which is inevitable death. East is rising. Nothing is eternal but God. There is a turn for everything. Turks will be back to Hun days, Africa will be back, China, India are going back, Islamic Empire will be back. Like Buju Banton says, soon:

There's no life in the West-uh
I know the East is the best,

diaspora! Too many Chiefs and Very Few Indians.

Halifa Salah: PDOIS is however realistic. It is fully aware that the Gambian voters are yet to reach a level of political consciousness that they rely on to vote on the basis of Principles, policies and programmes and practices.

Edited by - turk on 01 Jul 2011 17:43:02
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2011 :  20:27:19  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
turk,Isn't it great that everyone can have their own opinion and disregard what others say if they want to ? Ah...... freedom of thought and speech ,great !!

Edited by - toubab1020 on 01 Jul 2011 20:28:31
Go to Top of Page

Sister Omega

United Kingdom
2085 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2011 :  02:09:07  Show Profile  Visit Sister Omega's Homepage Send Sister Omega a Private Message
Hurricane season ago lick Jamaica soon!!

Peace
Sister Omega
Go to Top of Page

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2011 :  03:02:52  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
Well, there was a little rain. No wind. Excellent whether. Sunny. Hot hot hot. That is what I like. Jamaica has been kind to me. As usual.

diaspora! Too many Chiefs and Very Few Indians.

Halifa Salah: PDOIS is however realistic. It is fully aware that the Gambian voters are yet to reach a level of political consciousness that they rely on to vote on the basis of Principles, policies and programmes and practices.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06