Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: World politics
 Libya: AU condemns French arms drop to rebels
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Momodou

Denmark
11612 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2011 :  09:08:39  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Libya: AU condemns French arms drop to rebels
30 June 2011

African Union Commission chief Jean Ping says France's decision to air-drop weapons to Libyan rebels is dangerous and puts the whole region at risk.

He told the BBC the action risked creating problems similar to those in war-torn Somalia.

France has confirmed it dropped arms to Berber tribal fighters in the mountains south-west of the capital, Tripoli.

Some analysts said the move might contravene the UN Security Council embargo on arms supplies to Libya......Read more

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2011 :  13:36:09  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
I hate to say 'i told you so'. African Union Commission chief Jean Ping is saying what I already predicted. Divide and rule. Today I am your friend. Tomorrow, I am your enemy and support your enemy. Hasn't it be the story of colonialist politics for centuries? And yet still we have people who welcome France and UK involvement to change regime in i.e. Gambia. Shame.

diaspora! Too many Chiefs and Very Few Indians.

Halifa Salah: PDOIS is however realistic. It is fully aware that the Gambian voters are yet to reach a level of political consciousness that they rely on to vote on the basis of Principles, policies and programmes and practices.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06