Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: World politics
 Pan-African group awards activists Madi, Taal
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Momodou

Denmark
11602 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2024 :  11:07:43  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pan-African group awards activists Madi, Taal
The Stanard: September 2, 2024

By Omar Bah

https://standard.gm/pan-african-group-awards-activists-madi-taal/

Africans Rising, a Pan-African movement of people and organisations working for unity, justice, peace and dignity has awarded Gambian activists Madi Jobarteh and Salieu Taal for their valuable contribution to Africa’s civil society space. The duo received their awards at an event in Accra, Ghana, over the weekend.

According to Africans Rising, the awards are in recognition of Mr Jobarteh and Taal’s resilience, positive defiance and relentlessly demanding the ethos of transparent leadership, accountability and good governance from African governments.

“You have dared to demand justice from unscrupulous governments and repressive regimes that have shown little or no regard for human rights and the rule of law. As defenders of the defenseless, you have consistently charted pathways to justice– blazing the trail for social justice, good governance, and the rule of law,” the group said.

It added: “You are among those who always do the heavy lifting but refuse to take the credit for it! You gave your lives to social justice, accountable governance and ethical leadership at a time when activism and advocacy were not trendy labels. We forever celebrate you for being a long-standing comrades of Africans Rising.”

Responding to the award, Mr Jobarteh said: “It was indeed a pleasant surprise that I was called on stage to be recognised. I am indeed honored, humbled and inspired that what I consider to be my little quota and duty has been acknowledged and appreciated by many across the continent. To this recognition I say the struggle continues unabated and victory for freedom, equality and justice shall be achieved by any means necessary in our lifetime! My deepest gratitude to Africans Rising for the award.”

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06