Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Science and Technology Forum
 Science and Technology
 Lets see if this one gets off the ground.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2008 :  17:19:05  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
No, not Nigerian airlines but mobile phone companies and new licences,Anyone know anything about Muhammed Jah? If its cheap enough and gets airbourne the people will love it.

http://thepoint.gm/article/2008/8/18/gambia-gets-a-fourth-gsm-company

Snippet:
A media release issued to The Point yesterday stated that the Department of State for Communication and Information Technology (DOSCIT), has on Thursday 14th August 2008, issued a fourth GSM Licence to QCELL, an indigenous Gambian company owned by Muhammed Jah. The company will provide 3G mobile services such as voice, data and video.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 18 Aug 2008 17:22:21

MADIBA

United Kingdom
1275 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2008 :  17:53:38  Show Profile Send MADIBA a Private Message
Toubab,

Muhammed Jah is one of the most serious young entrepreneurs in The Gambia. He's the owner of the best ISPs in town, QuantumNet and he was also a founding member of Quantum Associates(IT outfit).

Through his QuantumNet group of companies he brought computer science programme to the University of The Gambia in partnership with a certain Canadian University. He's also into automobiles and electronics. The former Digital planet along Kairaba Avenue after the lights Bertil Harding H/way is also his.

We can only wish him best of luck.

Thats his link: http://www.qanet.gm/

madiss
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11630 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2008 :  17:54:35  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Toubab, Muhammed Jah is on this page http://www.qanet.gm/company/company.html

I believe he definetly has potential with his team of qualified profesionals.

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2008 :  21:20:04  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Thanks Madiba and Momodou,it may get off the ground,Quantum net has been around for ages and is well established I think "The Boy should do good!" I have only one reservation though I THINK that equipment and infrastucture for such an enterprise is likley to be expensive I hope that the necessary funds can be raised without too many problems,its a BIG job.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06