Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 The London Demonstrations for 16th December 2011
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2011 :  01:11:10  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
AS WE FOLLOW ANY DEVELOPMENTS; THE FOLLOWING PRESS RELEASES CAN BE REVIEWED TO GATHER FULL INFORMATION ON PLANNED ACTIVITIES FOR SERIES OF PROTESTS AND/OR DEMONSTRATIONS APPEALED TO GAMBIAN CITIZENS OVERSEAS; CULMINATING IN RECENTLY CONCLUDED PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS; CONSIDERED SHAM BY ITS ORGANISERS!

"I'LL BE THERE!" MICHAEL JACKSON

MAAFANTA.COM WITH;

AND ALSO GAINAKO ON-LINE NEWS AMONGST OTHERS WITH MORE POST ELECTIONS PROTEST;

Edited by - kobo on 16 Dec 2011 01:31:33

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2011 :  04:59:05  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
MAAFANTA.COM WITH THE NEWS BY PROTEST GAMBIA ON;

JOLLOF ON-LINE NEW;

Edited by - kobo on 19 Dec 2011 00:20:30
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2011 :  03:30:27  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
MAAFANTA.COM WITH AN UPDATE;

quote:
"The delegation delivered to the Honourable David Cameroun the Prime Minister of United Kingdom and Northern Ireland a dossier of events the Gambia recorded in The Gambia since July 1994 to date about issues ranging from torture, killings, extra judiciary execution including among others , Amnesty International report- Gambia Fear Rule, Report of International Bar Association report- Judiciary under pressure, a press release from United Opposition Alliance on the recent conducted Presidential election, a letter from United Democratic Party secretariat on the related matter etc"

..."a press release from United Opposition Alliance"? So which one for the opposition national colour or opposition national cause; as "this cause is bigger than any individual, group of individuals and partisan" (for reminder of UDP-UK militants); that both were supposed to be submitted together (in the interest of nation and addressing same national issues of concerned citizens) or compatriots; "for free and fair elections", freedoms, rule of law, justice and democracy from related Bantaba Gambian politics topics

The "Peoples Revolution" (as we are ALL in this together) appears to be undermined, high-jacked by UDP partisan militancy and patronising UDP AGAIN; as observed clearly from this Press Release

Edited by - kobo on 25 Dec 2011 13:12:42
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2011 :  08:56:40  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
As "Enough is Enough" on nations predicament and despair of citizens yearning for justice to understand where it started; our actions, duties, responsibilities respectively; and assessing significance or effectiveness of The London demonstrations organised (for a national cause) that boost or support the opposition cause; we may recalled these statements on allegations of "Unfair Elections"?
  • "Quizzed by journalists whether the UDP will file a petition in court against the IEC verdict, the UDP leader said “the constitution offers us 15 days within which to lodge a petition at the Supreme Court to challenge the validity of the elections.”"

• "He added that he had practised in the Supreme Court for several years, and had looked at that provision, but there is nothing that allows for the extension of time within which one may file a petition."

• "“You have to put in all your materials before the court. With the limited period of time, we cannot file a petition because we are receiving latest information from our agents, and we do not have all the information because our investigation is still ongoing,” he added."

• "Darboe noted that in other jurisdictions, the law provides for a longer period, usually 30 days within which aggrieved parties could put things together."

• "The UDP leader further stated that his party’s rejection of the presidential poll results does not mean that they are going to disengaged themselves from the electoral process of this country."

• "Foroyaa would want to reiterate that Presidential Candidates are not required by law to sign to endorse or reject results of Presidential Elections."

• "Once the IEC receives the results from the counting agents in each constituency it adds them up and declares the winner."

• "Once that is done the only other way of dismissing the results is to file an election petition at the Supreme Court. It is the Supreme Court that has the power to nullify election results and order for fresh elections to be held."

• "What a party to the election could do is to Issue statements on the election. The Independent Candidate and the member parties of the united Front have issued their final statement which exposed the shortcomings and called for electoral reform."

• "The UDP /GMC have also exposed shortcomings and are to come up with their final statement on the elections."

• "These are the statements the public should rely on to explain the positions of the different parties."

The London demonstrations ensured that UDP/GMC alliance elections petitions is heard at 10 Downing street, assisted by its smart militants (from familiar faces for UDP-UK) that quickly mobilised in guise of spearheading "The`Peoples Revolution" for protests of recent elections; but "dismissing the results is to file an election petition at the Supreme Court" and NO ELECTION PETITION CASE CAME UP AT THE SUPREME COURT FROM OPPOSITION CAMP (WITHIN BORDERS) BUT LONDON DEMONSTRATIONS (FOR "PEOPLE'S REVOLUTION") IS BATTLING OUT OUTSIDE BORDERS

"United We Stand; Divided We Fall. So left and right need to unite (under a common ground or platform) to defend the interests of the majority."

"FOR FUTURE STRATEGIES, TACTICS, POLICIES AND MASS MOBILISATION; PARTNERSHIP, SOLIDARITY AND NATIONAL UNITY ARE THE NORMS AND SOLID FOUNDATION FOR COOPERATION UNDER A UNITED FRONT (AND NOT PARTISAN DIVISIVE TACTICS/POLICIES AND IMPOSING POLITICAL WILL (PLAYING "POWER & CONTROL" GAME) TO HELD THE NATION TO RANSOM); AMONGST OTHERS"

"THE PROTEST IS A GOOD CAUSE BUT CHALLENGE FOR THOSE AT FOREFRONT LEADING AND ORGANISING ACTIVITIES OF "THE PEOPLE'S REVOLUTIONS" SHOULD NOT HARBOUR ANY HIDDEN AGENDA (I.E. INCLINED ON PARTISAN LINING) BUT MAKE IT A NATIONAL COLOUR TO PURSUE THE NATIONAL CAUSE"; AS "THIS CAUSE IS BIGGER THAN ANY INDIVIDUAL OR GROUP OF INDIVIDUALS".

"THEREFORE HOPEFULLY THIS CAMPAIGN IS OPEN TO ALL GAMBIANS AND WILL CHAMPION NATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS ISSUES, CIVIL ACTIVISM AND MILITANCY AFFECTING ALL CITIZENS
(AND NOT ABUSED FOR PROMOTION OF ANY POLITICAL PARTY, PRIVILEGES AND PERSONAL INTERESTS)

Edited by - kobo on 26 Dec 2011 14:42:58
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2011 :  14:05:31  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
WHAT ARE THE IMPLICATIONS OF THIS PROTEST (FOR THE LONDON DEMONSTRATIONS)AS VERDICT FOR JAMMEH'S VICTORY STANDS TOWARDS 2016 (FOR ANOTHER 5YEAR TERM)?

1. We must acknowledge that content of text delivered to Downing Street has been properly written and well presented but what can Prime Minister David Cameron (amongst other prominent leaders EU countries) do? Results expected to trickle very slowly from this protest included the following (amongst others);
  • Breaking the culture of silence, exposing bad governance, entrenched dictatorship, abuse of human rights, impunity and ensure voiceless are heard

• Foreign policy review and putting pressure on Gambia government

• Sponsor reform programmes for democratisation, electioneering and to deliver competency and professionalism in certain sectors of government

• Sanctions and capitalising on political situation to curtail funds for foreign aid (favouring or helping Foreign countries in this world of financial crises with its austerity measures)

• Suspending foreign aid, grants and other funds

2. In another form, there has been lot of bickering, demagogue rants, aspersions, recriminations, factions, discord, divisive plans, insidious activities (against each other), self-destruction and blame game from the fragmented opposition camp; so to organise demonstrations, protests and asking help for political reforms in Gambia; AFTER A HUMILIATING DEFEAT FOR 2011 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS CHALLENGED ALL DISSIDENTS ON "WHY CAN'T WE GO HOME AND CONFRONT THE THUGS AS ALL ARE LOOKING FIT AND STRONG" AND DEMANDS OF NEW BREED

3. MORE FROM SKY NEWS AND FOLLOW BRITISH TAXPAYERS TWEETS AND COMMENTS FOR "LONDON AS THE WORLD HUMAN RIGHTS CITY OR CAPITAL" UNDER;

4. INTERESTING QUOTES FOR REFLECTIONS AND HOW TO ADDRESS PROBLEMS UNDER POINT 2. ABOVE;

i. Dr. Saine
quote:
"The IEC and Jammeh are not entirely at fault. The Opposition political party aficionados are just as complicit. Their parties remain disorganized, splintered and bututless; and for the most part are themselves paralyzed by fear- never attempting to challenge the constitutionality of this illegal state of affairs. Rather than compromise, which is the art of politics, they are consumed by distrust, as they wallow in trite recrimination against one another- all hoping against all odds that they too shall become president someday. This is at best delusional grandstanding even though all it takes to win is to form a united front against Jammeh. This is not rocket science but a simple strategy. Get the rascals out and then duke it out amongst yourselves."

ii. Senegambia posted another sweeping statement
quote:
"Gambia's leaders need to adopt some attitudinal changes. They have acted arrogantly on us for so long. This is not acceptable!"

iii. pasamba's also challenged
quote:
"I hope that you and your ilk, who believe that the current opposition should step aside, will step up to the plate."

5. DR. JANNEH FED TO THE WOLVES AND IN TRIBULATION IS ANOTHER GOOD REFLECTION FOR CAUTION ON SIMILAR CIVIL ACTION OR EXERCISE FROM FRAGILE VOLUNTARY ASSOCIATION OR ALLIANCE BY CITIZENS, UNPOPULAR, POOR ORGANISING AND BAD LEADERSHIP TO MAKE POLITICAL STATEMENT BY PROTEST, FROM RELATED BANTABA TOPIC;

Edited by - kobo on 27 Dec 2011 17:20:37
Go to Top of Page

Janyanfara

Tanzania
1350 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2011 :  16:00:25  Show Profile Send Janyanfara a Private Message
kobo,
I don't understand you waisting of space on every Bantaba forum by constant repeating yourself.

The London demonstrations and petitions to Prime Minister from what I understand was organised by UDP/UK militants and other members were invited to join then so as to make it a representation of all Gambians.
The reason for the peoples Revolution and not UDP/UK demonstration was all parties were invited and discussions were held. At the very demonstration, the petition was in my view circulated to all present infact the writer of that petition was never a member of any political party but a renoun journalist.(I was sent a copy)
On the day they were granted entry to the prime minister's office, Two petitions were given one from Amnesty International and the other one could be what you are talking about.
I wonder how comes kobo the all knower would have not known that. Maybe your informant lied to you this time. Get your facts right. That one was not what you meant. It was written by organisers of the event and I don't think there is anything wrong with that for all present knew about it and there was no objections.
For you today to come out trying to bring division amongst Gambians, by your unfounded distortion.
Gambians are more united and party politics would never divide us. You are a non issue when it comes with Gambians Unity. If you decide to come onboard, then you welcome.
But next time if you try organise such events so that Gambians can join you but you don't expect people to do everything for you and yet you come back behind to try overtake them no way . Try and organise something rather than sit on Bantaba just to criticise.
Go to Top of Page

Janyanfara

Tanzania
1350 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2011 :  17:47:30  Show Profile Send Janyanfara a Private Message
You see don't get me wrong again despite yourself I like what you stand for. But sometimes I belief in facts because I belief the writer of the press release himself was not present on the day of the demonstration from what I just gathered therefore facts are better than roumours. He too may be wrong in his press release you know because I was sent a copy of both letters sent to the prime minister.
I am sure you have not seen the alledge UDP/KMC porpotted letter you heard about it. That is what is distroying our Gambia and until we change our attitudes nothing meaningful can change in the Gambia.
Send me your private mail and you shall have the alledge letter and then judge for yourself if it speak for only UDP/KMC or the Gambia.

The truth shall set us all free not roumours.
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2011 :  23:34:37  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
[quote]Originally posted by Janyanfara

[size=3]kobo,
I don't understand you waisting of space on every Bantaba forum by constant repeating yourself.

The London demonstrations and petitions to Prime Minister from what I understand was organised by UDP/UK militants and other members were invited to join then so as to make it a representation of all Gambians.

What is your point above, as I have already observed that and questioned not deemed to be for a national cause but partisan cause and "patronising UDP AGAIN"; throwing more weight on election petition of UDP/GMC (for PPP unceremoniously is dropped out from the poster alliance); without even considering United Front Statement on elections in second Press Release? I have exposed that UDP-UK militants were smart to mobilised in guise of "People's revolution" to protest abroad, which you confirm.

WITHOUT TENDERING UNITED FRONT STATEMENT, IT CAN BE CONSTRUED AS DIVISIVE TACTICS, NO GENUINE NATIONAL UNITY, OPPOSITION FRONT AND DISSIDENTS OF APRC REGIME FRAGMENTED AND NO TRUE NATIONAL COLOUR "FOR THE GAMBIA OUR HOMELAND"; AND FOR "ONE GAMBIA"; "ONE PEOPLE"; "ONE DESTINY"; IN MY OPINION!

Thanks for clarifications

Edited by - kobo on 29 Dec 2011 00:13:49
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2011 :  00:48:57  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
HELLO GAMBIA WITH;

Go to Top of Page

Janyanfara

Tanzania
1350 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2011 :  01:50:17  Show Profile Send Janyanfara a Private Message
kobo,
there you go again. Hello Gambia was talking about a British minister for Africa/common wealth ect.

Now what has that to do with the British Prime Minister or Gambians meeting going to number10?

You see what I call your jumping every where yet getting you nowhere?

Britain unlike the Gambia is a full fledged Democratic country where any body can say what he/she feels yet it would not land them in any trouble,except if it genuinely threatened state security.

Democratic nations are nations where a minister can what ever as a free person even if what said doesn't represent the possition of his/her government yet still he/she would still keep his/her job.

Gambians who joined hands to go to Number 10 are from all political groups and human right organisations and the demonstrations was non political but for a genuine Gambian cause.

Having said that, the for front organisers are all UDP/UK members but their cause was a genuine one and neither you nor your informants who like you are always bent on showing discord amongst Gambians can ever succeed in even comming near their efforts to see a free Gambia.

Do you think sitting in a warm room whole day copying and paisting is anything?

I challenge you to try one demonstration please.

Instead of staying in your warm room on your computer challenging every thing people do just to help keep the dictator in power, try do something more proactive for your country.

How many unity efforts have you ever emberked on to unite Gambians Kobo?

I don't want lectures with waisting the valuable space on bantaba for you are not educative at all.

Just try what those your fellow son/daughters of Gambia have tried but failed as you put it not as you wanted.

Organise a better one. That is what we call patriotism.

I would do that if I feel what you and your likes feel.
Go to Top of Page

Janyanfara

Tanzania
1350 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2011 :  02:06:42  Show Profile Send Janyanfara a Private Message
My brother kobo,
Here I am again. Am not yet done with you.

How about this one was that not in the same UK?

here MP respond to Human Right apeal.
http://hellogambia.com/mp-responds-to-human-rights-appeal/

Why didn't you add that but am sure you posted that perticular post to confuse some light headed Gambians like your self but ofcuse not the likes of Janyanfara and other buhabas on bantaba and other foras.

I put the above to butress my point about britain/UK being a country of free people.
Am sure your next posting would come with endless paistings from everywhere. Gambians want your opinion not paistings waisting space on Bantaba.
ha ha ha ha
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2011 :  02:39:05  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
Janyafara. As you diverting to direct personal attacks, am landing back on this topic to tell you;
  • That please stop your futile exercise; trying to ridicule, gag and/or prevail over me; ESPECIALLY FOR INSTANCE IN THIS TOPIC UNMASKING UDP-UK CLANDESTINE PARTY POLITICS MOVES DOES NOT AUGUR WELL FOR YOU AND YOUR CLIQUE; AMONGST OTHER CHALLENGES TO MOBILISED AS A "UNITED FRONT"?

• That am with firm conviction and glad to be very resourceful and proactive (as everyone) with my informative 'cut and paste' style; making topic more vibrant and preparing us as well-informed; in my opinion! Also I believe that am sharing "educative" materials, LITTLE KNOWLEDGE, sound ideas and opinions; on give and take basis; through our on-line interactions!

EVERY ONE IS ENTITLED TO OWN OPINION AND "FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION"!

• HOW COME YOU DIDN'T APPRECIATE THE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISMS; EFFORTS FOR SENSITISATION AND PUBLICITY; THROUGH MY INPUTS ON THIS TOPIC? REFER ON HITS, POSTS AND ACTIVE PARTICIPATION FOR INFORMATION FLOW TO PUBLIC; ESPECIALLY CITIZENS?

• That you appear to be deluded with your comments (into believing as mind reader) why I brought the Hello Gambia news for "British Minister comments on Gambia’s election", updating this topic? WHY IS THIS BRITISH GOVERNMENT NEWS ON OUR RECENT ELECTIONS (TO WARRANT A LONDON DEMONSTRATIONS AND SEEKING AUDIENCE WITH THE BRITISH PRIME MINISTER AS HEAD OF GOVERNMENT BUSINESS) NOT RELEVANT HERE?

• YOU BRAGGED ABOUT "GAMBIANS MEETING DAVID CAMERON (BRITISH PRIME MINISTER) AT NO 10; SO WHAT ARE YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM BRITISH PRIME MINISTER (THROUGH THE DEMONSTRATION); IF I HAVE NOT EXHAUSTED THEM ALREADY? CAN BRITISH PRIME MINISTER DIRECTLY INTERVENE IN OUR NATIONAL AFFAIRS OR HAVE ANY POWER ON RESULTS OF THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS 2011?

Edited by - kobo on 30 Dec 2011 03:40:26
Go to Top of Page

Janyanfara

Tanzania
1350 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2011 :  14:28:48  Show Profile Send Janyanfara a Private Message
Kobo,
I have not and am never in anyway making persona attacks. All I am saying if appreciate when people make efforts that you in your wildest dreams have never tried before.

You were not trying any constructive criticism on this particular forum but trying to create a stained mind that the meeting the prime minister and a udp letter presented to him was your query.

Don't try change when I corrected you by challenging you.

I asked you to try organize one demonstration and I still stick to that position. If you call that personal attack then so be it.
If as you said ya you have every right to make constructive criticism
but that you can never have in your home country and that was why the Gambians London demonstration.

If you can criticize then allow to be criticized, otherwise just shut up

This is the main pillar of FREEDOM OF SPEECH Mr. kobo.

Good day

Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2012 :  23:34:55  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
JOLLOF NEWS WITH AN INTERVIEW WITH 'YANKUBA DARBOE HUMAN RIGHTS LAWYER UK & COORDINATOR OF THE PEOPLE’S REVOLUTION' AND 'GAMBIA'S DAY OF ACTION' (FOR LONDON DEMONSTRATIONS) AMONGST OTHER ACTIVISM;

Edited by - kobo on 06 Jan 2012 23:35:48
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06