Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Science and Technology Forum
 Science and Technology
 Possible breakthrough for wave energy
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Momodou

Denmark
11627 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2011 :  13:53:09  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
A new Danish wave power plant has been tested in a large basin in Spain, and the results are "extremely promising", says the researchers behind.

Source: http://videnskab.dk/teknologi/danskere-hiver-strom-ud-af-havet

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2011 :  15:22:57  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Very nice video,but electrical output results ?...............Errrrrrrrrr..........sorry that is not available for release yet but it will power 400 homes, OK..........what will it produce for IMMEDIATE use ,you can tell me by explaining in 100Watt light bulb terms how many bulbs will it light ALL AT ONCE?............I think that NAWEC should buy a load of these with a new loan from the IMF

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 07 Nov 2011 15:23:28
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11627 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2011 :  15:50:55  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
A full-scale plant has not yet been built anywhere but this technology is very promising. Read more at: http://weptos.com/

You can also watch the related videos in youtube where you can see other wave energy projects.

Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11627 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2011 :  11:10:02  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Investment Continues to Flow into Marine Energy: Siemens and OpenHydro Ride the Tide

Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2011 :  14:41:07  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
I think that the reasons for renewable energy resources are two fold, firstly that fossil fuels will run out SHORTLY and that products to replace them QUICKLY so that they are practically usable as soon as possible,secondly there is a reluctance to use nuclear generation due to waste products that have a radioactive life of millions of years and this has to be safely stored for that time,and the likely- hood of natural disasters destroying facilities,together with terrorist threats that exist today.
Power generated from natural sources,wind,water,sun must be utilised to the fullest extent

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06