Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: World politics
 Democracy & Freedom of Expression
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2011 :  17:30:24  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Democracy & Freedom of Expression

http://thepoint.gm/africa/gambia/article/democracy-is-impossible-without-freedom-of-expression-veteran-us-journalist

This is a great gesture from the US embassy in Banjul.

I was just wondering how can they relate to Jammeh if they continue to organize things of this nature -maybe a personal non-grata is limping in the wilderness for someone out there soon.

Please read and share with others....

Thanks,

Yero

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:

mbay

Germany
1007 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2011 :  19:03:15  Show Profile Send mbay a Private Message
Eduardo Cue:
“Democracy is impossible without liberty of expression,

dictatorship is impossible with freedom of expression. This, he said, is because dictatorship simply cannot operate with freedom of expression. “It simply cannot happen for reasons that are quite obvious and it is impossible to speak of democracy without talking about freedom of speech,” he stated.

“The fundamental problem is that in any system including established democratic systems, those who are in power and those who hold economic, political and social powers are those we call the elite. We think they know better and they think that they are keys to the truth; they think that doing it in their ways is the way to move forward,” [/i]
Eduardo Cue

I just cant aid anymore Mr Cue!
And i hope the Continent will not miss the opportunity of this change of the wind again.
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2011 :  20:20:04  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
mbay, I have never heard of Eduardo Cue, so I googled him,there are pages of Eduardo Cue's which one wrote your quote ?

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2011 :  21:13:59  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Toubab & Mbay:

Good to see your lines on this. I enjoyed reading through his thoughts. I look forward to seeing more of such participation. I think it is a step in the right direction. I was just wondering how they can reconcile such, when citizens utter such, you are charged with bogus charges, like the one common: "Giving false info to a public officer."

Good to be another Cue.

Kind Regards,
Yero.

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:

Edited by - Dalton1 on 21 Jul 2011 21:21:16
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06