Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 Gambia, Politics and Death
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Janko

Gambia
1267 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2011 :  00:53:20  Show Profile  Visit Janko's Homepage Send Janko a Private Message
Political Death

Death is the end of biological time that stands a living organism. In the same way political death is when political processes, ideas, minds, visions ends in a particular political arena.
What constitutes political death? It is clear enough that politics die when it ceases to serve the people, but less clear what constitutes the ending of political life.

In what sense might political procedures affect us?
To answer this question, we will need to know what it is -in our interests.

What is the case for and the case against politics, the claim that political death can harm society and the notion that after politics dies it can still harm society?

How can we solve the context puzzle?
To solve the puzzle we will need to locate events for which political death is responsible.

The question remains whether all political deaths are misfortunes. The dispute here is between those who say that political death is always an evil, since continued politics always makes good things accessible, and those, who argue that, while political death is a misfortune, it is a good thing that politics is not immortal, since it cannot continue to be what it is here and now and remain meaningful to people forever.

But then, could the harmfulness of political death be reduced. Maybe by adjusting our notion of politics, and by changing our attitudes, we can reduce or eliminate the threat political death poses. But there is a case to be made that such efforts backfire if taken to extremes.

Death is a process of transmutation, from one form of existence to another, Janko maybe a cow, plant, fish on his next journey, you never know. In the same way political death can breed new forms.

Clean your house before pointing a finger ... Never be moved by delirious Well-wishers in their ecstasy

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2011 :  02:32:49  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Wow,this is VERY deep,Brilliant its like saying, Am I right? OR, Am I wrong? in effect there is NO answer.

"harmfulness of political death" is that harmful ? is that not harmful ?

"political death can breed new forms." Bet you can't give an example Janko (only joking, don't even try !!)

I love this post JANKO, Thanks.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 11 Jul 2011 02:37:11
Go to Top of Page

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2011 :  06:18:32  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
Too deep for me. Regardless, I will have a nightmare after this horror story.

diaspora! Too many Chiefs and Very Few Indians.

Halifa Salah: PDOIS is however realistic. It is fully aware that the Gambian voters are yet to reach a level of political consciousness that they rely on to vote on the basis of Principles, policies and programmes and practices.
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2011 :  11:20:31  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Turk the death of one of your favorite topics, no wonder you will have nightmares

quote:
Originally posted by turk

Too deep for me. Regardless, I will have a nightmare after this horror story.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

Moe

USA
2326 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2011 :  21:03:35  Show Profile Send Moe a Private Message
Turk tell Touby that we will resuscitate it and give it a NEW lease of life and a new heartbeat, It can never die away Touby ,its a way of life Trust me on this it will get a new lease on life.......................................Peace

I am Jebel Musa better yet rock of Gibraltar,either or,still a stronghold and a Pillar commanding direction

The GPU wants Me Hunted Down for what I don't know .....

Edited by - Moe on 11 Jul 2011 21:04:11
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2011 :  23:48:49  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
MOE,be sensible,you can doubtless discuss things political and have a knockabout with those of views that are divergent to your views (that you hold at that time..............a politician can always change his mind )I know you are unable to compete on the same level as Janko,simply Brilliant,look at his first posting great,you have some sensible ideas when a topic is in vogue and gaining support, BUT when you are under pressure you just ramble rubbish ,sorry,because you can do better I know that

Edited by - toubab1020 on 11 Jul 2011 23:51:34
Go to Top of Page

Moe

USA
2326 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2011 :  23:55:19  Show Profile Send Moe a Private Message
Look I never once told you am here for a competition, I see brilliance everywhere I look and better believe this I graduated right here at the bantaba and my tutors were none other than the posters, so trust me no one has superior knowledge here we all learn something sometime.

Janko, well he is a known KING so that's to be expected of him. Touby I have no issues whatsoever with divergent views, what I have a problem with is not the divergent views but the character assasination ya'll been engaged in, It will not happen on my time clock for those who don't like it, news flash I will be retiring in 10 years ............................................peace

I am Jebel Musa better yet rock of Gibraltar,either or,still a stronghold and a Pillar commanding direction

Go to Top of Page

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2011 :  00:00:48  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
Janko some reason reminds me autism. The rain man. Dustin Hoffman.

Halifa Salah: PDOIS is however realistic. It is fully aware that the Gambian voters are yet to reach a level of political consciousness that they rely on to vote on the basis of Principles, policies and programmes and practices.
Go to Top of Page

Moe

USA
2326 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2011 :  00:10:45  Show Profile Send Moe a Private Message
why you messing with Janko Turk, Atleast call him Tom Cruise not Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man.....................................Peace

Go to Top of Page

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2011 :  00:19:38  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
I am Tom Cruise. I am the handsome one with less intelligence. I gave Janko credit being smart. I can't be more generous than that.

Go to Top of Page

Moe

USA
2326 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2011 :  00:26:38  Show Profile Send Moe a Private Message
Ur killing me bro, atleast if not anything your HOTT!!......................Peace

Go to Top of Page

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2011 :  00:30:38  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
Moe

Why did you think Janko does not have an avatar. He just does not want to be seen in public. You have an avatar, me have an avatar. Even simple old toubab has avatar. Think about it.

Edited by - turk on 12 Jul 2011 00:31:34
Go to Top of Page

Moe

USA
2326 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2011 :  00:32:59  Show Profile Send Moe a Private Message
Turk, am working okay!, thats a good one though, he is too sexy for his AVATAR........................peace

Go to Top of Page

Janko

Gambia
1267 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2011 :  00:38:36  Show Profile  Visit Janko's Homepage Send Janko a Private Message
Toubab,
how can turk sleep …but if he would just look up a little from his gaze he would comprehend a number of political death between Mustafa Kemal Atatürk and Recep Tayyip Erdo#287;an.

I like the idea of resuscitation (cardiac massage), hence it’s a form of renewal, it is said people with “near death experience” change, they are never the same.

Hence change is the only constant; a people, or political ideology etc. that do not entertain change expire.

Clean your house before pointing a finger ... Never be moved by delirious Well-wishers in their ecstasy
Go to Top of Page

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2011 :  00:51:02  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
Janko. With the last post. Your point is clear. It wasn't about the idea. It was about the delivery of the message. Now, I got it. I agree totally.

p.s. I can tolerate minor errors in spelling for Turkish alphabet even you type using non-Turkish keyboard.

Edited by - turk on 12 Jul 2011 04:43:47
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2011 :  01:14:39  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Janko, there you go again with sentences like :
"Hence change is the only constant; a people, or political ideology etc. that do not entertain change expire."
Real stuff, I cannot have TWO favorite Gambians can I ?

The two boys are totally confused, excited interchanges between them ,going round and round in circles ,"Which direction can I go I am confused ?" I can detect them both thinking this

quote:
Originally posted by Janko

Toubab,
how can turk sleep …but if he would just look up a little from his gaze he would comprehend a number of political death between Mustafa Kemal Atatürk and Recep Tayyip Erdo#287;an.

I like the idea of resuscitation (cardiac massage), hence it’s a form of renewal, it is said people with “near death experience” change, they are never the same.

Hence change is the only constant; a people, or political ideology etc. that do not entertain change expire.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06