Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 Fast Forward, Rewind And Reflect- 2012
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2011 :  17:09:37  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
I REPEAT IF PDOIS IS NOT A POLITICAL PARTY THERE ISN'T ANY THEN AND GAMBIAN DEMOCRACY UNDER MULTI-PARTY SYSTEM IS SHAMEFUL AND UN-DEMOCRATIC

REFER ON A SELECTION OF FOROYA ARCHIVES ON GAMBIAN POLITICAL PROCESS AND HISTORY AMONGST A WEALTHY STOCK ON CURRENT AFFAIRS, NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL ISSUES FROM ITS LIBRARY;

1. National News : The Road to Self Determination and Independence On the 18 February celebrations Part 1

2. National News : The Road to Self Determination and Independence On the 18 February celebrations Part 2

3. National News : The Road to Self Determination and Independence On the 18 February celebrations Part 3

4. National News : The Road to Self Determination and Independence On the 18 February celebrations Part 4

5. National News : The Road to Self Determination and Independence On the 18 February celebrations Part 5

6. National News : The Road to Self Determination and Independence On the 18 February celebrations Part 6

7. Burning Issues : HALIFA SALLAH’S LETTER TO ALL POLITICAL PARTIES

8. Burning Issues - JULY 22 FIFTEEN ANNIVERSARY PART 1 : Statement by Halifa Sallah

9. Burning Issues - JULY 22 FIFTEEN ANNIVERSARY PART 2 : Statement by Halifa Sallah

10. National News : PDOIS’ LETTER TO JAMMEH Issued by Halifa Sallah

"Mr President 2011 is just round the corner. It is an election year. A code of conduct exists for political parties. There is no need for insults or intolerance. Tell the people the truth as you see it. We will also tell them the truth as we see it. Leave them to elect their representatives without intimidation or inducement. This is the dictate of democracy, peace and justice. This is the dictate that an exemplary political leadership should heed.

To conclude allow me to defer with the Head of the Civil Service. Politics is not a wrestling match. It is a competition for the hearts and minds of the people. It requires people who truly love and respect their people to emerge to seek their mandate in a climate characterised by mutual respect and tolerance of diversity.

While anticipating that all Gambian political figures will display exemplary leadership as we prepare for 2011"
HALIFA SALLAH PDOIS

Edited by - kobo on 06 Jul 2011 19:46:37
Go to Top of Page

Moe

USA
2326 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2011 :  21:02:05  Show Profile Send Moe a Private Message
"I REPEAT IF PDOIS IS NOT A POLITICAL PARTY THERE ISN'T ANY THEN AND GAMBIAN DEMOCRACY UNDER MULTI-PARTY SYSTEM IS SHAMEFUL AND UN-DEMOCRATIC" Kobo

Pdois is not a political party and has since been trying to evolve into one Brother KOBO, the nomination of Sedia Jatta and once upon a time Halifa almost made the transformation complete but as of recent it has fallen to the category of a movement. Reflect on my little historical background of the organization and it would be clear, since the Voice of the Future their aim was to enable an environment of change, whereas it can generate an ideology and eventually gain way in being elected either with a small or large representation which will eventually all change in parliament, but as long as their ideology was main stream they would have successfully evolved and eventually won over the status Quo, they tried but it was too premature first with 5 candidates and then 14, all were defeated mercilessly with a 80% margin give or take, the people they hoped to coalesce with refused the ideology hence their struggle and in effect lack of representation and impact. The fact is with the Voice of the People the success of PDOIS as it later emerged was solely dependent on the devotion of those who follow and believe in the ideas being put forward to determine their representation and the future, Pdois has not been able to succeed with this thus far and the reason their impact is minimal in Gambian politics. They still play the role of a movement and your links further buttresses my point. PDOIS is a movement and not a political party as they would like to be referred to AS..............................................................................................Peace

"REFER ON A SELECTION OF FOROYA ARCHIVES ON GAMBIAN POLITICAL PROCESS AND HISTORY AMONGST A WEALTHY STOCK ON CURRENT AFFAIRS, NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL ISSUES FROM ITS LIBRARY;

1. National News : The Road to Self Determination and Independence On the 18 February celebrations Part 1

2. National News : The Road to Self Determination and Independence On the 18 February celebrations Part 2

3. National News : The Road to Self Determination and Independence On the 18 February celebrations Part 3

4. National News : The Road to Self Determination and Independence On the 18 February celebrations Part 4

5. National News : The Road to Self Determination and Independence On the 18 February celebrations Part 5

6. National News : The Road to Self Determination and Independence On the 18 February celebrations Part 6

7. Burning Issues : HALIFA SALLAH’S LETTER TO ALL POLITICAL PARTIES

8. Burning Issues - JULY 22 FIFTEEN ANNIVERSARY PART 1 : Statement by Halifa Sallah

9. Burning Issues - JULY 22 FIFTEEN ANNIVERSARY PART 2 : Statement by Halifa Sallah

10. National News : PDOIS’ LETTER TO JAMMEH Issued by Halifa Sallah

"Mr President 2011 is just round the corner. It is an election year. A code of conduct exists for political parties. There is no need for insults or intolerance. Tell the people the truth as you see it. We will also tell them the truth as we see it. Leave them to elect their representatives without intimidation or inducement. This is the dictate of democracy, peace and justice. This is the dictate that an exemplary political leadership should heed.

To conclude allow me to defer with the Head of the Civil Service. Politics is not a wrestling match. It is a competition for the hearts and minds of the people. It requires people who truly love and respect their people to emerge to seek their mandate in a climate characterised by mutual respect and tolerance of diversity.

While anticipating that all Gambian political figures will display exemplary leadership as we prepare for 2011"
HALIFA SALLAH PDOIS"

I am Jebel Musa better yet rock of Gibraltar,either or,still a stronghold and a Pillar commanding direction

The GPU wants Me Hunted Down for what I don't know .....

Edited by - Moe on 07 Jul 2011 06:37:42
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2011 :  22:00:27  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
YOU CAN CRITICISE PDOIS STRATEGY AS THEY DON'T RESORT TO POLITICS OF INDUCEMENTS, INTIMIDATION, MOBILISATION OF STATE RESOURCES, CORRUPTION AND ALL COERCIVE ACTIONS WORKING IN UNDER-DEVELOPED COUNTRIES ADOPTED AS A STRATEGY BY JAMMEH/APRC

"I argue with facts and figures, and not with opinions. "Halifa Sallah PDOIS

SO ON THAT NOTE OUR OPINIONS DIFFER AND YOU CAN'T WRITE HISTORY ACCORDING TO YOUR OWN BIASED OPINIONS OR IDEAS? PLEASE APPRECIATE THAT FACT REMEMBER A CULTURE OF COUP IS ON RECORD AND WE DON'T KNOW WHEN IT WILL STOP; IF THE MARGINALISED ARE DENIED THEIR DEMOCRATIC RIGHTS, RULE OF LAW, ACCOUNTABILITY, TRANSPARENCY AND DICTATORSHIP EXISTS

EVEN IF A LIBRARY WAS DOWN-LOADED FOR YOU NONE CAN CONVINCE YOU HOWEVER YOU TOUCH ON THE REFERENDUM EARLIER WITH DISTORTION OF FACTS, SO USEFUL REFERENCE TO INFORM OTHERS

ON 2011 DAILY NEWS Civic Education: Life Blood of Civic Empowerment

THE NATION BUILDING AND DESTINY OF COUNTRY CONCERNS EVERY CITIZEN TO DECIDE

Edited by - kobo on 06 Jul 2011 23:35:00
Go to Top of Page

Moe

USA
2326 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2011 :  23:24:48  Show Profile Send Moe a Private Message
Originally posted by kobo[/i]

YOU CAN CRITICISE PDOIS STRATEGY AS THEY DON'T RESORT TO POLITICS OF INDUCEMENTS, INTIMIDATION, MOBILISATION OF STATE RESOURCES, CORRUPTION AND ALL COERCIVE ACTIONS WORKING IN UNDER-DEVELOPED COUNTRIES ADOPTED AS A STRATEGY BY JAMMEH/APRC

That's because they are not in power yet and don't have those resources you mentioned at their disposal. They would have been exploiting every resource available to them if they were in power. There is no safeguard to prevent such from happening Kobo.

"I argue with facts and figures, and not with opinions. "Halifa Sallah PDOIS

SO ON THAT NOTE OUR OPINIONS DIFFER AND YOU CAN'T WRITE HISTORY ACCORDING TO YOUR OWN BIASED OPINIONS OR IDEAS? PLEASE APPRECIATE THAT FACT REMEMBER A CULTURE OF COUP IS ON RECORD AND WE DON'T KNOW WHEN IT WILL STOP; IF THE MARGINALISED ARE DENIED THEIR DEMOCRATIC RIGHTS, RULE OF LAW, ACCOUNTABILITY, TRANSPARENCY AND DICTATORSHIP EXISTS

His- Story , My Story, your Story, Their Story, the only thing undisputed are facts which can never go away...............

EVEN IF A LIBRARY WAS DOWN-LOADED FOR YOU NONE CAN CONVINCE YOU

LOL thanks for being so sarcastic Kobo

ON 2011 DAILY NEWS Civic Education: Life Blood of Civic Empowerment

THE NATION BUILDING AND DESTINY OF COUNTRY CONCERNS EVERY CITIZEN TO DECIDE

That's what I have been saying to ya'll and the goons think the Franchise is theirs and their's only.................................................Lol.......Peace

I am Jebel Musa better yet rock of Gibraltar,either or,still a stronghold and a Pillar commanding direction

Edited by - Moe on 07 Jul 2011 08:08:38
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2011 :  23:45:11  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
FINALLY LEADERS MUST COME AND GO

HISTORY WILL JUDGE THE LEGACY AND NONE CAN ELIMINATE OR CLEAN JAMMEH'S RECORDS RISING TO POWER THROUGH COUP AND HIGH TREASON, AUTHORITARIAN LEADER (WHO SUBJECTED HIS POSITION ABOVE THE LAW) POWER OBSESSED TYRANT; WHICH YOU ARE TRYING TO DOWN PLAY, COVER-UP AND POLISHING HIS IMAGE AS A DECENT POLITICIAN

ALL HIS FANATICS IMMORTALISED HIM AND DON'T COMPROMISE ANY SCRUTINY OR CHALLENGE FOR HIS ACTIONS, LEADERSHIP AND STEWARDSHIP OF THE NATION IN TERMS OF "PROBITY", "ACCOUNTABILITY" AND "RULE OF LAW"; INCLUDING YOUR VERY SELF WE DESERVE SOMEONE BETTER THAN THAT STYLE OF LEADERSHIP, DIPPING INTO NATION'S WEALTH, LAVISH LIFE-STYLE, CURRENT STATE TERROR SYSTEM AND BAD GOVERNANCE

COMMISSIONS OF ENQUIRY FOR ACCOUNTABILITY OF SECOND REPUBLIC WOULD EXPOSED ALL "RAMPANT CORRUPTION", MISDEEDS AND MIS-RULE WHEN A NEW ERA BEGINS

NOTE ALSO THAT NOVEMBER 11 WAS THE BLOODIEST THAN 1981 FOR THE NATION

MORE AND MORE GAMBIANS ARE BECOMING MORE POLITICALLY CONSCIOUS AS THE STRUGGLE CONTINUES

Edited by - kobo on 07 Jul 2011 16:10:41
Go to Top of Page

Moe

USA
2326 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2011 :  07:00:15  Show Profile Send Moe a Private Message
Originally posted by kobo

FINALLY LEADERS MUST COME AND GO

I will never advocate for a Lifetime Presidency or the infallibility of anyone but what I can assure you is that the 2011 elections are a foregone conclusion. Looking forward It should be considered Jammeh's First term in Office and we can come back here in 2016 to once again measure his achievements and his shortfalls and whether he deserves to run the affairs of the State, Which as of present he is that only competent out of the competitors. Kobo I was serious when I said all the way to 2020 for various reasons ranging from security to the NEED FACTOR.........

HISTORY WILL JUDGE THE LEGACY AND NONE CAN ELIMINATE OR CLEAN JAMMEH'S RECORDS RISING TO POWER THROUGH COUP AND HIGH TREASON, AUTHORITARIAN LEADER (WHO SUBJECTED HIS POSITION ABOVE THE LAW) POWER OBSESSED TYRANT; WHICH YOU ARE TRYING TO DOWN PLAY, COVER-UP AND POLISHING HIS IMAGE AS A DECENT POLITICIAN

ALL HIS FANATICS IMMORTALISED HIM AND DON'T COMPROMISE ANY SCRUTINY OR CHALLENGE FOR HIS ACTIONS, LEADERSHIP AND STEWARDSHIP OF THE NATION IN TERMS OF "PROBITY", "ACCOUNTABILITY" AND "RULE OF LAW"; INCLUDING YOUR VERY SELF WE DESERVE SOMEONE BETTER THAN THAT STYLE OF LEADERSHIP, DIPPING INTO NATION'S WEALTH, LAVISH LIFE-STYLE, CURRENT STATE TERROR SYSTEM AND GOOD GOVERNANCE

That's a fallacy Kobo another opinionated and unsubstantiated allegation, Jammeh is a trans-formational leader, He has passed the test of time under vigorous opposition and propaganda. After all is said and done, I will leave the good governance to you to decipher, I did not give him an award for good governance, other observers did

COMMISSIONS OF ENQUIRY FOR ACCOUNTABILITY OF SECOND REPUBLIC WOULD EXPOSED ALL "RAMPANT CORRUPTION", MISDEEDS AND MIS-RULE WHEN A NEW ERA BEGINS

No Gambian should be scared of any kind of commision as long as it's not a witch hunt affair, gambia dafa barry DOMA, BUWA .......

NOTE ALSO THAT NOVEMBER 11 WAS THE BLOODIEST THAN 1981 FOR THE NATION

You can't compare the two it's 14 versus maybe 800 or should I say maybe 1000 over the same bullcrap ya'll crying about now.

MORE AND MORE GAMBIANS ARE BECOMING MORE POLITICALLY CONSCIOUS AS THE STRUGGLE CONTINUES

Of course I know that but their consciousness is not favoring ya'll, Pdois never advocated for a Presidential limit due to their support for the 1997 Constitution, I will tell you another fact, PDOIS never assumed Jammeh was ever gonna run for the Presidency in 1997 hence their interest in the 1997 Constitution otherwise anyone with common sense would have rejected it but they supported it for various reasons it seemed like they were gonna inherit a tailor made Constitution, they were honored with all the legitimacy one can conjure up at that point, a stamp of approval......................................................Peace.

Edited by - Moe on 07 Jul 2011 08:12:03
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2011 :  11:37:41  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
ON FACTS YOU STATED!"His- Story , My Story, your Story, Their Story, the only thing undisputed are facts which can never go away..............."

NOV 11 IS BLOODIEST THAN 1981 TELL ME WHERE CAN I VERIFY THESE FIGURES PLEASE; " You can't compare the two it's 14 versus maybe 800 or should I say maybe 1000 over the same bullcrap ya'll crying about now."

WOULD CONTINUE TO DISCUSS ISSUES IN CIVIL MANNER AND WON'T BE CARRIED OVER BY PROVOCATION FOR "BULLCRAP" AND OTHER PROFANE EXPRESSIONS OF "HASAAHTEH"; TYPICAL OF PETTINESS, POLITICS OF INTIMIDATION AND VIOLENCE

REFER ON NATIONS ASSETS WITH THE GOOD WORK OF PDOIS AND FOROYAA, POLITICAL AND CIVIC EDUCATION RESOURCEFULNESS BETTER THAN ANY POLITICAL PARTY IN THE GAMBIAN; AS A FACT

1. Focus on Politics : The 1981 political crisis

2. Focus on Politics : The 1981 political crisis

3. Focus on Politics : The 1981 political crisis

4. Focus on Politics : The 1981 political crisis

5. 1981 POLITICAL CRISIS

6. Focus on Politics : THE AFTERMATH OF THE 1981 POLITICAL CRISIS

YOU CAN CRITICISE PDOIS STRATEGY AS THEY DON'T RESORT TO POLITICS OF INDUCEMENTS, INTIMIDATION, MOBILISATION OF STATE RESOURCES, CORRUPTION AND ALL COERCIVE ACTIONS WORKING IN UNDER-DEVELOPED COUNTRIES ADOPTED AS A STRATEGY BY JAMMEH/APRCTHIS RESPONSE APPEARS TO BE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF THE FACT THAT ITS HAPPENING AND YOU ARE BEING DIS-HONEST WITH PDOIS ON WHAT THEY ADVOCATE, THEIR VISIONS AND CAUSE FOR A BETTER NATION"That's because they are not in power yet and don't have those resources you mentioned at their disposal. They would have been exploiting every resource available to them if they were in power. There is no safeguard to prevent such from happening Kobo."

MORE AND MORE GAMBIANS ARE BECOMING MORE POLITICALLY CONSCIOUS AS THE STRUGGLE CONTINUES"Of course I know that but their consciousness is not favoring ya'll, THE PROBLEMS INCLUDE LITERACY TO DEAL WITH IGNORANCE, LACK OF SOLIDARITY BY GAMBIAN DISSIDENTS; ESPECIALLY THE ELITES, HOSTILE POLITICAL CLIMATE AND A TOUGH BATTLE AMONGST OTHER ISSUES

Pdois never advocated for a Presidential limit due to their support for the 1997 Constitution, I will tell you another fact, PDOIS never assumed Jammeh was ever gonna run for the Presidency in 1997 hence their interest in the 1997 Constitution otherwise anyone with common sense would have rejected it but they supported it for various reasons it seemed like they were gonna inherit a tailor made Constitution, they were honored with all the legitimacy one can conjure up at that point, a stamp of approval......................................................Peace."

PLEASE TAKE NOTE: EVERY CITIZEN HAS A ROLE TO PLAY FOR DEVELOPMENT OF DEMOCRACY AND SOUND OR AN IDEAL DEMOCRACY SEEN TO WORK IN THE INTEREST OF THE NATION

CHECK THE FACTS WITH GAMBIANS AND FOROYAA TO APPRECIATE PDOIS ROLE AND WHAT THEY HAVE ACTUALLY ADVOCATED FROM ITS LIBRARY (ARCHIVES) AS FOLLOWS

1. Focus on Politics : Elections or No Elections? The Debate Goes On At The back Of The AFPRC, But What Does Chairman Jammeh Say? Trial of 16 Accused Persons Allegedly Involved In Demonstration Against The AFPRC Government Continues:

2. Focus on Politics : Concerns And Position On Burning Issues Of The Day-(1995)

3. Focus on Politics : GAMBIANS RAISE CONCERNS ON GOVERNANCE AND CORRUPTION IN THE SECOND REPUBLIC AS THE COUNTRY READIES FOR DEMOCRACY, FOROYAA CLARIFIES

4. Focus on Politics : “What I Will Make Clear To You Is This, In This Election Affair, I will Not Contest”, Says Chairman Jammeh

5. Focus on Politics : AFPRC VERSUS FORMER PPP MINISTERS AT THE COMMISSION OF ENQUIRIES, COMPARISON IN CORRUPTION

6. FOROYAA Online - THE GAMBIA BAR ASSOCIATION RECOMMENDS CONSTITUENT ASSEMBLY, MINIMUM AGE; FOROYAA REVIEWS - Focus on Politics - Newspaper

7. Focus on Politics : JAWARA’S VIEW ON THE DRAFT’ CONSTITUTION SUBJECT TO REVIEW, (1996)

8. Focus on Politics : What Would Happen to the Transition Programme If the Draft Constitution was Rejected? Foroyaa Clarifies

9. Focus on Politics : Gambia Votes For A New Constitution to Usher In The Second Republic

FOROYAA Editorial : The Power of Wealth and Position in Governance "History has not made the wrong verdict when it says power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. History has also given the right prescription when it says that the authority to lead a Republic must be derived from the consent of the people and should be exercised for no other purpose but to promote the general welfare of the people.

In his address during the state dinner organised for President Wade, President Jammeh stated that some leaders keep their people ignorant so as to perpetuate themselves in office. These were the undiluted words of the President.

This is a challenge to all Gambians. It is telling each Gambian that one should be fully aware of one’s sovereign rights to put in and remove leaders from office as and when the people dim it fit to do so at genuine elections.

The fact of the matter is that leaders who perpetuate themselves in office basically rely on patronage and intimidation to do so. In order to exercise patronage they must amass wealth and dish it out to the poor. They must also control the power to appoint and remove people from important offices without giving any explanation.

Hence people who are hungry for money or position must cringe, crouch and crawl before them and sing their praise to them to succeed or because of fear of losing their privileges."

WILL DEAL WITH THIS LATER TO PROOF IT AS FALSE "....With due respect they were one of the few parties that never denounced the coup and I hope most also understand why I say that the Jammeh coup was a peoples coup."

Edited by - kobo on 07 Jul 2011 17:08:44
Go to Top of Page

Moe

USA
2326 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2011 :  00:20:42  Show Profile Send Moe a Private Message
Everything you just posted further buttresses my point, Pdois as most believed was aligned with the APRC right, Go back to Link 6 From Former President Jawara's opinion to number 9 PdOIS assertion, It validates everything I stated. Yes PDOIS never thought Jammeh was ever gonna run for the Elections and even if he were to retire from active military duty and try, They thought they were more experienced and could easily overwhelm the new party with Rhetoric. PDOIS supported the 1997 Constitution with 100% percent approval...........................Peace

Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2011 :  02:29:50  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
[quote]Originally posted by Moe

Everything you just posted further buttresses my point, Pdois as most believed was aligned with the APRC right, Go back to Link 6 From Former President Jawara's opinion to number 9 PdOIS assertion, It validates everything I stated.

I TEND TO DIS-AGREE WITH YOU AS JAWARA FOCUSED ON PREAMBLE AND FINGER POINTING ACCUSATIONS; CLARIFIED BY FOROYAA? OVERVIEW EXTRACTS WOULD HELP AS FOLLOWS?

1. QUOTED; "Sir Dawda K. Jawara, the former president of the Gambia also made the following comments in his opening remarks. Jawara opined that “The draft constitution was crafted by the military with the active assistance of Ghanaian lawyers drawing their inspiration from the peculiar history of Ghana and with one aim in mind, i.e. to keep the AFPRC in power at all cost.”

Mr. Jawara also asserts among other things that: “The preamble to the Constitution is self serving propaganda. It is superfluous and should be expunged from a serious document like the Constitution.”
Mr. Jawara says the preamble should be out.

Furthermore, Jawara asserted that ‘The protection of fundamental rights and freedoms should be total and absolute. These basic rights should not be watered down by the juxtaposing of other rights to confuse the people as practiced in former Communist regimes.”"

2. REFER ON LINK JAWARA'S VIEW ON DRAFT CONSTITUTION AND TAKE NOTE "Foroyaa's Clarifications" to proof a point I DON'T GET YOUR POINT AS ALL THOSE LINKS EXPOSED THE FACTS, THE HARDWORK OF PDOIS IN THE SERVICE OF THE NATION (FOR A STRONG NATION BUILDING)

3. PDOIS was very active in sensitisation to restore CONSTITUTIONAL RULE UNDER REPUBLIC and immediately eliminate POWERS OF AFPRC & DECREE RULE

4. PDOIS made recommendations and clarified to the public each point for incorporation into DRAFT CONSTITUTION! Any doubt please first refer back to FOROYAA FOCUS ON POLITICS and then bring it on

FURTHER INFORMATION ON OUR POLITICAL EVOLUTION;

5. FOROYAA FOCUS ON POLITICS: - JAWARA’S VIEW ON THE DRAFT’ CONSTITUTION SUBJECT TO REVIEW, (1996)

6. FOROYAA FOCUS ON POLITICS: - What Would Happen to the Transition Programme If the Draft Constitution was Rejected? Foroyaa Clarifies

7. Gambia’s unending constitutional coup d’état- heading from quasi democracy to a self imposed one party state.- By Abdoukarim Sanneh UK.

Yes PDOIS never thought Jammeh was ever gonna run for the Elections and even if he were to retire from active military duty and try, They thought they were more experienced and could easily overwhelm the new party with Rhetoric. PDOIS supported the 1997 Constitution with 100% percent approval...........................Peace

NOTE THAT LINKS UNDER 5, 6 & 7 ABOVE ARE RELEVANT

8. Also that President Jammeh was DECEPTIVE AND MAY BE CONSIDER A LIAR; IN HIS OWN WORDS ("BILLAAYE WA LAAYE TAA LAYE"; IN 1994 “What I Will Make Clear To You Is This, In This Election Affair, I will Not Contest”, Says Chairman Jammeh

Notwithstanding those rhetoric, mixed-messages of APRC and Jammeh's deception, PDOIS advocated for provisions for future generations and FRANCHISE FOR ALL CITIZENS'.

9. AT THAT TIME JAMMEH WAS JUST 29 YEARS AND THERE WERE ATTEMPTS TO BLOCK HIM TECHNICALLY/LEGALLY FOR 30YEARS UNDER 1970 CONSTITUTION INCORPORATED IN DRAFT; TO DENY HIM A PRIVILEGE) BUT PDOIS RECOMMENDED AN AGE LIMIT THAT MADE JAMMEH TO QUALIFY TO RUN! SO WE CANNOT BE CONVINCED WITH YOUR ASSUMPTIONS AND OPINIONS ?

REFER ON THESE TWO RECOMMENDATIONS FROM GAMBIA BAR ASSOCIATION AND PDOIS RESPECTIVELY PLEASE; UNDER

10. ALSO HALIFA SALLAH'S PROPOSALS AND CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE DEBATE ON TIMETABLE TO RETURN TO CONSTITUTIONAL RULE HALIFA TABLED A PROPOSAL ON THE FUTURE OF THE MEMBERS OF THE AFPRC AND THE ARMED FORCES THROUGH THESE QUOTES; "Whether one likes it or not, no one can bar them from forming a party and take part in democratic elections.

No one can bar them from joining other political groupings to contest elections if they do desire. If they do not want to contest elections, but have done their best to prevent the country from disintegrating and the lives and liberties of the people from deteriorating, any future government would have the obligation to treat them with respect."
SOURCE

11. FOROYAA FOCUS ON POLITICS:- THE GAMBIA BAR ASSOCIATION RECOMMENDS CONSTITUENT ASSEMBLY, MINIMUM AGE; FOROYAA REVIEWS

OTHER INTERESTING DEBATES, COLLECTIVE RESPONSIBILITIES OF GAMBIANS AND ROLE OF PDOIS CAN ALSO CLEAR CERTAIN DISTORTIONS AND REBUKE EARLIER STATEMENTS MADE WHEN TOPIC INTRODUCED;

12. FOCUS ON POLITICS:- OPEN LETTER TO THE AFPRC AND PIEC BY CONCERNED CITIZENS IN 1996

13. FOCUS ON POLITICS:- GAMBIANS RAISE CONCERNS ON GOVERNANCE AND CORRUPTION IN THE SECOND REPUBLIC AS THE COUNTRY READIES FOR DEMOCRACY, FOROYAA CLARIFIES

14. FOCUS ON POLITICS: FOROYAA CRITIQUES REPORT OF LONDON MEETING OF GAMBIANS ON GAMBIAN POLITICS DURING THE TRANSITION PERIOD

15. FOCUS ON POLITICS:-THE LONDON MEETING OF GAMBIANS ON GAMBIAN POLITICS DURING THE TRANSITION TO CIVIL DEMOCRATIC RULE “The Gambia: From Bread And Butter to Gun Power

16. FOCUS ON POLITICS: Foroyaa’s Letter To The AFPRC Leadership On The Confusing Messages From Members Of The July 22ND Movement And Other Political Aspirants

17. FOCUS ON POLITICS:-‘Gambians Clamouring to Vote Write Letters To The PIEC; Have Their Wishes Been Addressed?

18. FOCUS ON POLITICS:- BAN ON POLITICAL PARTIES LIFTED, WHAT DID THE DECREE SAY? PIEC’S Position on the Petition Written by Gambians Abroad Who Wanted to Vote

19. FINALLY TO REST MY CASE ON THIS TOPIC AND AS YOU HAVE BLASTED KUKOI, HE ALSO DESERVED TO BE HEARD AS KOKOI ADDRESSED THE NATION UNDER What kind of man is H.E. President, Professor Dr. Alhagie Yaya Jammeh? A fair description of Dictator President Yaya Jammeh in three different ways.

Edited by - kobo on 25 Jul 2011 06:07:38
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2012 :  06:36:48  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
UPDATES WITH RARE INTERESTING YOU TUBE VIDEOS (COURTESY OF RAAKI T.V AND A HOLIDAY MAKER TOURIST). WHAT STRUCK ME ON VIDEO IS NEVER SEEN FOR THOSE THAT WERE NOT THERE OR EVEN BORN; SCENES AND FOOTAGE OF THE SENEGALESE MILITARY, GAMBIAN POLICE AND RECOVERED LOOTED GOODS IN BANJUL CITY 1981 AND DEPOSED PRESIDENT JAWARA'S LAST INDEPENDENCE CELEBRATIONS FROM THESE;

ALSO COURTESY OF MY BASSE.COM;

FOR REMINISCENCE AND PROPER GRAPHIC ACCOUNTS OF 1981 COUP; DEPICTING A MIRROR ON CIVIL DISORDER, RAMPAGE AND LAWLESSNESS, REFER RELATED BANTABA TOPIC;

RELATED BANTABA TOPICS;

PS: The "Cut & Paste" is a very useful short cut to share "EDUCATIVE" public information; especially national treasures and heritage for future posterity

Edited by - kobo on 10 Jan 2012 23:40:08
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06