Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Sports Forum
 Sports: General
 Gambian-born sprinter Saidy Ndure vs Bolt
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Momodou

Denmark
11516 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2011 :  09:38:22  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Gambian-born Norwegian sprinter Jaysuma Saidy Ndure was second against Jamaican world record holder Usain Bolt on the Bislett Stadium in Oslo yesterday.
Go Saidy Ndure! You make us proud.
-----------------
Picture: Saidy Ndure on the right

Bolt dazzles in drizzly Oslo
By Philip O'Connor

OSLO
Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:52am BST

OSLO (Reuters) - Usain Bolt thundered past a weak field in driving rain to win the 200 metres at the Diamond League meeting in Oslo on Thursday, clocking the year's fastest time of 19.86 seconds.

The Jamaican world record holder, competing over the distance for the first time in 13 months, danced around in the rain as the announcer read out his name before blazing out of the blocks at the gun. He powered away around the bend before cruising over the finish line.

Norwegian sprinter Jaysuma Saidy Ndure was second in 20.43 on the Bislett Stadium track where he previously trained as a club athlete. Mario Forsythe of Jamaica came in third in 20.49.

Asked if he was back in business, a grinning Bolt told a news conference: "I was never out of business. Business was just a little slow for a while.

"The 200m is my favourite event and I'm glad it went well. Now I'm just concentrating on staying injury-free."

Apart from world record holder Bolt, the Gambian-born Ndure was the only other runner in the field to have previously broken the 20-second barrier over 200m.

With Ndure seated beside him, Bolt said he thought rival Tyson Gay chose not to contest the 200m at the U.S. trials because of injury problems but the Jamaican showman did not want to get complacent.

"With this guy sitting beside me saying he's going to win, I can't (relax). I'm focussed on the guy in the lane beside me all the time."...

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2011 :  13:33:49  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
THIS IS A GREAT INTERNATIONAL FEAT AND THE NATION IS PROUD OF HIS ACHIEVEMENT! WISHING HIM LONG LIFE, GOOD HEALTH & PROSPERITY; LIKE BOLT'S WEALTH
Go to Top of Page

Sister Omega

United Kingdom
2085 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  23:14:59  Show Profile  Visit Sister Omega's Homepage Send Sister Omega a Private Message
On this one Guy's I am rooting for BOLT cause he's the man who's going to bring back gold backa Jamaica!!!

My SenGamJam posse will be backing Bolt too. Now when Senegal plays football then that's another matter.

Now reflecting back on the world cup many years ago when the Reggae boys were there. My sons had their Jamaican Kits and Senegalese Kits. Not to dis Gambia they've got those kit too.

Who's the man Ussain Bolt!
He hit Beijing with a lightening bolt
frighten!!!

Virgin is laughing with mega profits this quarter from Bolts ads
So is Visa torated!

As I said time and time again we Africans must eat more yellow yam.
Just ask Ussain way he can run so fast! to rass

Peace
Sister Omega

Edited by - Sister Omega on 01 May 2012 23:19:04
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06