Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Education Forum
 Education
 18 Danish students on experience sharing trip
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Momodou

Denmark
11512 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2020 :  17:41:07  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
18 Danish students on experience sharing trip at Kuntaur Upper Basic School

The Point: Wednesday, January 29, 2020

http://thepoint.gm/africa/gambia/article/18-danish-students-on-experience-sharing-trip-at-kuntaur-upper-basic-school

Eighteen students and two teachers from Helsingoer Little School in Denmark are on a three weeks trip in country as guest of Kuntaur Upper Basic School in Central River Region North.

The rationale of the visit is to learn, share teaching, techniques and socio-cultural issues with each other.

The visit is an annual event since the creation of the link in 1997, pioneered by the link coordinator Kanimang Camara.

Events organized for this year’s visit include joint classes; question and answers session on key thematic areas such as child education, environment, religion, politics, agriculture and gender. They will also visit Armitage senior secondary school in Jangjanbureh; participate in inter- house athletic competitions; visit to families of Gambian friends to learn local culture; visit the stone circles in Wassu and weekly market “Lumo”;

During the welcome ceremony, the school’s acting principal Landing Badgie said the annual visits have been significantly providing the enabling teaching and learning environment to the students.

Author: Fatou .B.Cham

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2020 :  20:51:25  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmmmmmm Dosn't sound much like a fun holiday visit,OK so they going to "visit the stone circles in Wassu and weekly market “Lumo”;

"Events organized for this year’s visit include joint classes; question and answers session on key thematic areas such as child education, environment, religion, politics, agriculture ........."

Sounds a lot like the National Assembly in Gambia

The Teachers and Students will very much enjoy their free time I am sure

Edited by - toubab1020 on 29 Jan 2020 20:54:39
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11512 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2020 :  08:41:29  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Toubab, This is not meant to only be a "fun holiday" but an educational trip. Grade 10 students from Elsinore Little School had been going on this trip since we established it in 1997. I travelled with them during the first years.

Imagine how much teenage European kids learn living in a village in rural Gambia for almost two weeks. The objectives are to expose both parties to learn and share each other’s traditions and cultures.

Visit to the Stone Circles and the "Lumo" Market in Wassu are some of the activities.

Hopefully we will soon have an English school in a similar trip.

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2020 :  11:44:19  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Momodou, thank you for the "Clarification" () if it had been made clear by the author of the article that the students were not young children the name of their school was "Helsingoer Little School " implying in my mind young children,and not teenagers on the verge of adulthood.
If I was a wealthy person and could afford to build and staff ,employ cleaners security people tables desks and all the many items that are required to found and maintain a school I would have a go.

quote:
Originally posted by Momodou

Toubab, This is not meant to only be a "fun holiday" but an educational trip. Grade 10 students from Elsinore Little School had been going on this trip since we established it in 1997. I travelled with them during the first years.

Imagine how much teenage European kids learn living in a village in rural Gambia for almost two weeks. The objectives are to expose both parties to learn and share each other’s traditions and cultures.

Visit to the Stone Circles and the "Lumo" Market in Wassu are some of the activities.

Hopefully we will soon have an English school in a similar trip.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 30 Jan 2020 11:45:46
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06