Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 The Sedition Trial of Bai Mass Kah
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2014 :  07:35:23  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. The Point News Foroyaa messenger taken to task

2. Police prosecutor cross examines Mass Kah

Published on Saturday, 12 April 2014 | By Lamin Sanyang

Sergeant Colley, representing the Inspector General of Police yesterday, Thursday 10 April, continued his cross examination of Mass Kah, a Foroyaa Messenger who is standing trial for sedition charge before Magistrate Isatou Janneh of the Kanifing Magistrates’ Court. The Foroyaa employee told the court that he did not know Lamin Camara (PW1) and was not talking to him at the time, but admitted that he later told him that he belongs to the same party with Halifa Sallah.

He denied uttering the said statement that ‘if you like, you can paste this photo up to the sky.

I do not care about that’. It was put to him that he uttered the statement and repeated it in his evidence before the court.

“I told him that if you like you can paste the photo of the APRC leader in the sky.

I said only Halifa Sallah wears trouser in the country. I agreed that I also wear wrapper and not trousers.” He agreed he was not putting on wrapper. It was then put to him that what he said was therefore untrue.

In response he said, “That is just a saying but cannot amount to a lie.” Mass Kah told the court that during his detention both at the police and the National Intelligence Agency (NIA), he wanted to reserve his opinion but the security operatives insisted for him to give a statement. He said he was not forced or threatened, but argued that the statement was not obtained voluntarily.

He said the same statements were taken at different police stations along with the National Intelligence Agency.

At this juncture, the police prosecutor requested for three exhibits from the court, the statement taken at the National Intelligence Agency. The defendant in answering a question said he did not say in his evidence that Mr. Jaiteh told him that the two prosecution witnesses (Lamin Camara and Adama Jassey) were provoking him. “What I said was that he said they were challenging me,” he pointed out.

Mass Kah told the court that he did not mention the name of Mr. Jaiteh in his statement at the police, but the prosecutor disagreed. He put to him that the incident of Mr. Jaiteh was not true which he said was the reason he did not say it at the police. The defendant answered in the negative. He insisted that the said person was passing-by at the time of the incident.

The Foroyaa employee told the court that he was retaliating to the first and third prosecution witnesses who were provoking his party leader when he said Halifa Sallah was the only one wearing trouser in the country. He claimed they told him that Halifa Sallah has been struggling for a long time while he knows he cannot lead the nation.
“They said Halifa did not know anything and I’m an illiterate,” he told court. Mass Kah denied the statement that ‘Halifa Sallah is the only one who wears trouser in the country’ was disrespectful to the general public.

He further denied the statement that ‘if you like, you can paste this photo of His Excellency up to the sky I do not care about that’ showed total disrespect to the President.

“The statement of pasting the photo on the sky was a promotion and not disrespect,” he said. Meanwhile, the case was adjourned till Tuesday 15 May 2014, for adoption of briefs.

Source: Foroyaa Burning Issues News
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06