Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 Ferry Services Problems!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2011 :  18:21:07  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. DAILY OBSERVER NEWS James Island ferry sinks

2. FOROYAA National News : Traffic slows down as two ferries become inoperative

3. FOROYAA National News : Ramp at Barra Ferry Terminal Problematic

4. FREEDOM NEWS;
Gambia: WHAT DICTATOR YAHYA JAMMEH NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT THE GPA FERRY SERVICES—STAFFERS COMPLAIN!

Edited by - kobo on 30 Oct 2011 18:21:38

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  06:41:18  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
RELATED BANTABA TOPIC;

DAILY OBSERVER NATIONAL NEWS WITH GFSMC REPORT AND PAC/PEC FOR;

Edited by - kobo on 27 Jan 2012 06:44:31
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  10:55:46  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This relates to " a new ferry for the Yellitenda-Bambatenda route in the North Bank Region (NBR). " bit confused about this as I cannot get a location of either of these places on Google maps being at the side of the river Gambia,or perhaps I am not reading the article correctly and :
NOT BARRA BANJUL ROUTE

"The Gambia Public Procurement Authority (GPPA) reported that GFSMC has been fully compliant with the 12 variables of the GPPA because GFSMC did not have procurement units and the Gambia Ports Authority (GPA) covered their transactions. "

OK, so, Gambia Ports Authority paid for the "new " ferries, because there was no money allocated to Gambia Ferry Services Management Company Limited for replacement ferries,what money was allocated to Gambia Ferry Services Management Company Limited,and when was this company formed,and who is on the board? presumably there is one, and exactly what are "the 12 variables of the GPPA" anybody know?
One good thing is that members were very happy with the report presented to them:

"Hon. Sainey Mbye, National Assembly member for Upper Saloum thanked GFSMC for the brilliant reports presented to the committees considering the backflow of account from 2006 to 2010 and for the fact that they have fulfilled all their mandates."

http://observer.gm/africa/gambia/article/kansala-aljamdu-ferries-set-for-manoeuvre

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 28 Jan 2012 01:43:26
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11511 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  08:04:05  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Toubab, its the same new ferries they are talking about. Yellitenda-Bambatenda is the Trans Gambia crossing where one of the ferries was taken to sometime ago. They are more suited for that route without much or any modification of the ramps than the Banjul-Barra route.

They have been purhchased without any propper planning. This shows how things are being done under the APRC government.

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  12:32:48  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by toubab1020

"The Gambia Public Procurement Authority (GPPA) reported that GFSMC has been fully compliant with the 12 variables of the GPPA because GFSMC did not have procurement units and the Gambia Ports Authority (GPA) covered their transactions. "

OK, so, Gambia Ports Authority paid for the "new " ferries, because there was no money allocated to Gambia Ferry Services Management Company Limited for replacement ferries,what money was allocated to Gambia Ferry Services Management Company Limited,and when was this company formed,and who is on the board? presumably there is one, and exactly what are "the 12 variables of the GPPA" anybody know?

One good thing is that members were very happy with the report presented to them:

COMPLIANCE WITH "12 VARIABLES" FOR PROCUREMENT UNDER GPPA ACT REFER ON DAILY OBSERVER NEWS FOR;
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  12:45:14  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
COURTESY OF MY BASSE WEBSITE SHARING "BABIL MANSA" PHOTOS FOR "WHEN A RIVER GETS A MAKEOVER" FROM;

Edited by - kobo on 28 Jan 2012 12:46:44
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  13:06:01  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kobo,unless you are fully up to speed ,and not just an observer and interested party like me, you cannot know everything

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  13:11:49  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I last used that crossing there was no engine on the then ferry all the passengers pulled on a rope running on pulleys at waist height from the deck,in other words you pulled the ferry across yourself !

quote:
Originally posted by kobo

COURTESY OF MY BASSE WEBSITE SHARING "BABIL MANSA" PHOTOS FOR "WHEN A RIVER GETS A MAKEOVER" FROM;

Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  13:14:56  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks,much less confusing,I wonder what the plan is now for Barra/Banjul ferries,fix the old ferries up just for cars and people maybe,who knows.

quote:
Originally posted by Momodou

Toubab, its the same new ferries they are talking about. Yellitenda-Bambatenda is the Trans Gambia crossing where one of the ferries was taken to sometime ago. They are more suited for that route without much or any modification of the ramps than the Banjul-Barra route.

They have been purhchased without any propper planning. This shows how things are being done under the APRC government.

Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  16:32:31  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Momodou,for others that may be interested in the location have a look at this link to google maps.:

http://g.co/maps/8rpg3

Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  18:52:36  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
REMINDER THAT UNDER RELATED GAMBIAN POLITICS TOPIC: Gambia Government Budget 2012 THESE DEVELOPMENTS WERE COVERED;

AND COURTESY OF JOLLOF ONLINE NEWS FOR PHOTO OF FERRY CROSSING AT KEREWAN BRIDGED HAILING "BABIL MANSA" "DICTATOR OF DEVELOPMENT" WITHOUT "DIGNITY" http://www.jollofnews.com/images/stories/business/Bridge.jpg

Edited by - kobo on 28 Jan 2012 19:10:37
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  21:56:20  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks KOBO,still having a nose around all this stuff,great idea and funding in place,maybe with tolls Gambia may yet become Dubai

Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2012 :  01:07:04  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FOROYAA NATIONAL NEWS;

Edited by - kobo on 10 Feb 2012 01:07:48
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2012 :  01:15:57  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A problem, surely not !

http://www.foroyaa.gm/modules/news/article.php?storyid=8878

But Wait.........................................................Could this be the answer ?

http://observer.gm/africa/gambia/article/what-is-going-on-at-gpa

Sorry KOBO, couldn't resist this

Edited by - toubab1020 on 10 Feb 2012 01:16:55
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2012 :  02:36:25  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FREEDOM NEWS;

Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2012 :  11:29:11  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if this:
http://www.freedomnewspaper.com/Homepage/tabid/36/mid/367/newsid367/7269/Gambia-Breaking-News--MASS-ARREST-AT-THE-GPA-FINANCE-DIRECTOR-AND-70-OTHERS-UNDER-DETENTION/Default.aspx

And the piece about bad practices :
"a GPA insider filed a detailed report to the Freedom Newspaper lamenting about the growing corruption culture and lack of good leadership at the ports. Below is the Freedom publication."

Or this:
http://observer.gm/africa/gambia/article/what-is-going-on-at-gpa

MAYBE the reason for the mass arrests.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06