Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Science and Technology Forum
 Science and Technology
 Facebook data. Social networking.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2013 :  14:45:34  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
MANY people who are facebook members maybe should be interested in this,are YOU
on facebook ?:

"Facebook reveals thousands of government data requests
Government agents in 74 countries demanded information on 38,000 Facebook users in the first half of this year, with about half of the requests coming from the United States, the social network has revealed."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/facebook/10269167/Facebook-reveals-thousands-of-government-data-requests.html

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 28 Aug 2013 14:46:42

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2013 :  14:55:53  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
And:

I could do with a loan,Err..sorry......your "friends" say NO

from one of the comments in the link:

CynicalBarSteward

Today 02:48 AM

1) See how that puts you in a box of "people with private friends lists, or no presence on Facebook tend to be be bad credit risks." (Or at least not as "trustworthy" as those with public profiles.)

2) I see a market for a new "credit worthiness app" which will bypass that anyway - it only takes one of your friends to have it.

3) Facebook themselves could easily create their own "credit score" by combining credit data from credit agencies with their database and selling the score back to the credit agencies.

Remember: You don't control your data on Facebook. Facebook does. You are users of Facebook, but you are not their customers. You're on the menu as food.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/borrowing/loans/10268408/Your-Facebook-friends-could-damage-your-credit-rating.html#

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 28 Aug 2013 15:04:44
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06