Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Science and Technology Forum
 Science and Technology
 New Cable coming ?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2010 :  19:50:36  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Lets hope so,The Point carried this ,I was a bit concerned about the last paragraph though,do they know something ?

"We hope that the ACE project would not at any material time become another white elephant project."

http://thepoint.gm/africa/gambia/article/a-boost-for-telecom-industry

A Boost for Telecom Industry

africa » gambia
Thursday, July 01, 2010
The recent signing of the construction and maintenance agreement of the Africa Coast to Europe (ACE) with the Gambia Telecommunication Company (Gamtel) is a welcome development.

The gesture will no doubt boost the telecommunication infrastructure in the country.

This development would transform, modernise and expand the telecom industry.

We learnt that the ACE project, which is expected to be completed in July 2012, will provide the country with direct access to submarine cable, through a landing point.

Considering the crucial role play by ICT in this modern age and time, it's wise to have great projects of this nature. The Gambia is part of the global village, and as a result we cannot afford to be left behind in this area of telecommunication age.

The ACE project will further increase the country's "international bandwidth and improve broadband connectivity."

This would be the first international submarine cable to land in The Gambia and some other countries. We do hope that it would make a serious positive impact in the country.

The ACE project seeks to deploy highly advanced technology, which is currently said to be the most advanced submarine cable.

Our commendation goes to Gamtel for the new development. Nonetheless, as a leader in the industry, we expect you to be innovative in all your undertakings.

To achieve the Vision 2020 and Silicon Valley dreams, such projects are indeed necessary in the socio-economic development of a nation.

The people of The Gambia enthusiastically await the commencement of the much publicised project.

We hope that the ACE project would not at any material time become another white elephant project.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Momodou

Denmark
11627 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2010 :  21:25:11  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Many including Moe will hopefully soon go back to villages and work from there when this contintal cable project is complete.

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2010 :  21:56:17  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Ah.....a very long time then

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11627 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2010 :  22:33:43  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
quote:

...expected to be completed in July 2012......

You're not logged in! Click here to listen.

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page

Moe

USA
2326 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2010 :  06:43:19  Show Profile Send Moe a Private Message
I would love to work at a village and enjoy the easy life away from the hustle, bustle of life in the cities. No everybody Mbye, Everybody everybody, just me and my town folks. That must be a dream that could be a reality within two years. I might move to Janjabureh with Prince........................................................Peace
quote:
Originally posted by Momodou

Many including Moe will hopefully soon go back to villages and work from there when this contintal cable project is complete.

I am Jebel Musa better yet rock of Gibraltar,either or,still a stronghold and a Pillar commanding direction

The GPU wants Me Hunted Down for what I don't know .....

Edited by - Moe on 03 Jul 2010 06:44:34
Go to Top of Page

Prince

507 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2010 :  08:06:29  Show Profile Send Prince a Private Message

Good luck with that Moe, there is no way I'd move to Janjanbureh. it's a good place to kick back for a few days but I'm not cut for the laid back lifestyle out there.

And seriously, i won't be able to mediate all the fights you'll be picking up with the elders when you try to "straighten 'em up."
Go to Top of Page

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2010 :  08:40:04  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
Ginnack Island is the best. One can enjoy local vegetation and hope internet there by 2011.

diaspora! Too many Chiefs and Very Few Indians.

Halifa Salah: PDOIS is however realistic. It is fully aware that the Gambian voters are yet to reach a level of political consciousness that they rely on to vote on the basis of Principles, policies and programmes and practices.

Edited by - turk on 03 Jul 2010 08:40:41
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2010 :  16:44:25  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
TURK, Hello ? anybody there? VERY unlikely that you will enjoy the internet,the other stuff? most probably.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 03 Jul 2010 16:45:25
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06