Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Forum
 General Forum: General discussion
 To Europe Via Sea
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2013 :  13:43:42  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
http://thepoint.gm/africa/gambia/article/gambians-among-300-migrants-picked-up-by-libyas-coastguard

This is very risky. I know home is hard especially with the lack of jobs and other basic amenities, but outside is not heaven as it involves a lot too. If not for long time family disconnection, you risk losing your life at sea, or even falling in the hands of wrong authorities or street bandids. It is just worth calculating wisely. The number of deaths at sea are alarming. I know at the end, those that end up making it there are very jubilant, but it is just risky. Think about it....

Best always,

Yero

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:

Momodou

Denmark
11512 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2013 :  13:46:09  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
That's a very good advise. Reaching Italy does not mean that there is a guarantee of being accepted into "Fort Europa".

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2013 :  14:49:03  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Well said!

It can be very tempting when we see our guests (semesters) in flashing cars, homes, etc....but the secrete behind it is not wholly narated to those at home. I know if I was in their shoes, probably be equally tempted to take the risk, especially in our Gambia where freedom of expression is muzzled, there is public lawlessness, no employment, basic food prices are skyrocketting when there are no salary increment (substantially), and the unending list....

It is just sad & thanks for sharing..

Best, Yero

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06