Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Literature
 Poetry Forum
 The Buzzing Bees
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2013 :  09:53:56  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
The Buzzing Bees
By Yero Jallow
Flower gardens with floral whorls
I saw thousands of bee flowers buzzing aloud
Sucking nectar juices in turns
With mouths all smelling scents
And singing in chorus like the church choirs
In uniform rhythms with flapping wings
Pollination far and near
I gazed, I smiled, and I laughed in hope
Gambia in years to dream
The “promised land” –we all love.

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2013 :  11:45:44  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
1. The colony is classified into Queens (fertile females), drones (fertile males) and workers (sterile females); so where does the one or author OBSERVING ("saw" & thinking) then, "GAZED", "SMILED" & "LAUGHED IN HOPE" belong? Is that the keeper of the honey comb or farmer (bee keeper)? Lol

2. It would be interesting to hear a brief translation of this poem to make it more meaningful, understand your message and inspire us more in our political struggle to make YOUR DREAM COME TRUE AND WHAT WE ARE YEARNING FOR; if you don't mind Dalton1

3. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by - kobo on 29 Oct 2013 11:52:33
Go to Top of Page

kisley

United Kingdom
214 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2013 :  12:50:01  Show Profile Send kisley a Private Message
Ok, this is what the poem means to me, obviously with poetry we can all interprit it differently

Bees work together for the benefit of the entire community.
"Gambia in years to dream"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildlife/4601179/Honey-bees-work-together-to-make-group-decisions.html

Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2013 :  14:05:35  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Nice commentaries Kobo & Kisley. I think Kisley gave it a perfect take. (Thanks :))

Interpretations are all welcome. It is just a thought --trust me, I write as it hits my mind.

The "Buzzing Bees" as the title would suggest refers to my recent observation of Gambian activities, notably on the social media and on the online outlets. It is my sincere believe that the current generation of Gambians and their healthy way of dialogue is a plus. That we all love the Gambia, we are equal stake holders, and we are participating by putting our opinions across.That is where I dream the Gambia to be. Of course, there is a good relationship in a flower farm --truly interdependent. Flowers benefit from pollination and the bees suck on nectar. I am a buzzing bee. How about you Kobo??
Best always,
Yero

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2013 :  00:16:35  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
Dalton 1 Thanks for sharing your imaginations; depicting vibrant discourse with a short well written, exciting and inspiring thoughts from the wonderful honey bee. It was helpful to elaborate further and understand your notes/viewpoints better.

Kisley added weight, elevated your imaginative thoughts, made it more meaningful; useful to consider the bee model of organisation, systematic work, tact, leadership, teamwork, coordination and inspired to derive relevant strategic decisions that can be made to compliment or strengthen the struggle; fruits of labour (the honey) ultimately for generations yet to born ("Gambia in years to dream") as demonstrated from link forwarded;

THERE IS LIGHT AT END OF TUNNEL AND HOPE FOR CHANGE ON COURSE HAVING CONSIDERED THAT SPIRIT OF REVOLUTION AGAINST JAMMEH'S EXCESSES ALREADY KICK STARTED

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!ALUTA CONTINUA!

Edited by - kobo on 30 Oct 2013 05:36:24
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06