Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Forum
 General Forum: General discussion
 OGIS (Organisation of Gambians In Stockholm)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2013 :  06:54:12  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
OGIS (Organisation of Gambians In Stockholm)

"Out of anger Demba Ngange Njie forms his own OGIS ( Organisation of Gambians In Stockholm). Sunday 28th of april 2013 – The meeting of OGIS"

SOURCE: MAAFANTA.COM WITH Full information here

Edited by - kobo on 07 May 2013 06:58:37

Momodou

Denmark
11602 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2013 :  08:10:05  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
There is already OGIS (Organisation of Gambians in Sweden) which has existed for almost 40 years if not more. Is there not going to be a confusion if the abbreviation OGIS is used for this new organisation?
What's going on?

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2013 :  08:48:53  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
Momodou Its already explain that there is crisis and Ngange Demba Njie "out of anger" decided to make a "coup d’état with my(his) own group" came out with his or their own press release; to de-legitimise the "new so called OGIS newly elected board", which he described took over by "a coup d’état against a very descent elected OGIS committee".

Take note of his statements EXTRACTED ABOVE AS QUOTED;
  • "I decided to come up with my own agenda to react to the new so called OGIS newly elected board."

• "What happened on sunday 28th of april at the Censor meeting affected me so much, and I promised myself not to let this injustice act happen again without reacting."

• "The OGIS president, Mariam Cole, is a young woman and very talented with all her characters. She is being discriminated from a special group just for very simple reasons - because she is a youth, she is a woman and she comes from a small decent family. If President Yam was a man, like myself Demba, and some people wanted to humiliate me and my family in front of the Gambian public like what happened on that faithful day, I would have overreacted, and lord knows how many souls would lie down and how many police and ambulances would come. They put this little girl on the defensive. Poor Yam had to sit and see how Gambians can be very poisonous to each other. She saw a picture of Gambians that she never knew or had witnessed before, the very reason why we Gambians are backward people. All the independent people that were present at the meeting have witnessed a coup d’état against a very descent elected OGIS commitee."

• "The elected OGIS commitee is being overthrown because of a special angry group that want to take over the commitee. This angry special group can’t wait for a period of time written on the laws of the organisation. Instead, they started spreading rumours acusing president Yam and her volunteering mum to have stole money from OGIS’ bank account, and other hate messages. All the allegations are false, and justice won at the meeting in front of the people that want to know the truth. The decent people present at the meeting were shocked and disappointed, because the meeting turned into being a slaughter house. Peoples behaviour at that very meeting was a sign of frustration, amateurish and reflecting mirror of how much we hate each other."

• "The future of the Gambian youths living in Stockholm is at a dilemma. After this meeting, how many Gambian parents will let their children join such an organisation called OGIS? OGIS is one of the oldest foreigner organisations in Sweden. The organisation was founded by Gambian pioneers for a very simple reason, to help all Gambians living in Sweden to come together and meet and help each other when needed. To hear all the stories of this old organisation is very unwelcoming in the hearts of the Gambian children living in Sweden.

OGIS is very easy to form, make a coup d’état and then rise to the top. All you need is to mobilise a little group of people and start spreading rumours and lies to the ones you have old scores with.

Organise a meeting and then elect yourself with cheap votes. Volunteering is a free of charge job that is chosen by an individual. So if OGIS is a non profit organisation, then what is the purpose of fighting each other? A friend of mine asked me..."

• "I feel like I’m the most coward Gambian ever, just because I sat down and watched a family being discriminated against. I feel so bad and down for not reacting at that special time. If I feel this way after days, then imagine the family of president Yam. I promised myself never to let this happen again. So I decided to take action now and make a coup d’état with my own group. I’m going to organise a OGIS cultural week this summer, and every occasion will be free entry. Anyone who wants to volunteer is welcome."

• by Ngange Demba Njie SOURCE AND FULL INFORMATION

Edited by - kobo on 07 May 2013 12:51:05
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11602 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2013 :  09:56:29  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Well, Sweden like any of the other Scandinavian countries has a democratic society with freedom of assembly and anyone can form an organisation from one day to another without asking for permission from any authority.

There was always one OGIS dispite the fact that there has been different political groupings in Stockholm. Good luck to them but there is a saying "Unity is strength".

Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2013 :  12:39:29  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
The Community leaders and elders should intervene? They should resolve the issues and reconcile them; before it divide the small Gambian community?

ITS CRISES AND CONFLICT MANAGEMENT FOR ALHAJI PAPPA OUSMAN ALIEU JENG PROVISIONAL CHAIRMAN BANJUL - SWEDEN NETWORK. THAT'S HIS 2013 NEW YEAR MESSAGE here.

Edited by - kobo on 07 May 2013 12:52:08
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11602 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2013 :  13:13:51  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Papa Jeng is one of the former Chairmen of OGIS.

Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2013 :  04:20:13  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
Yes Momodou Papa Jeng is highly respected elder; amongst one of oldest Gambians that settled there long time (over 30 years plus).

I reckon you settled in Scandanavia long time also, have the connections and knew lots of Gambians in Sweden therefore you can intervene in OGIS crises; together with other elders; Papa Jeng, Inspector Alhaji Mustapha Faye (Alikalaji), Jainaba Bah ("Breaking The Omerta"), Koro Sallah amongst other prominent Gambians. By phone contacts community issues can be discussed and mobilise the elders resident in Sweden like Alhaji Mustapha Faye advised to sanction a communal meeting and mediate for PEACE AND UNITY.

THE GOODWILL OF 40 YEARS LEGACY OF GAMBIAN COMMUNITY LIVING IN PEACE, UNITY AND HELPING EACH OTHER THROUGH OGIS IS AT STAKE
quote:
"The organisation was founded by Gambian pioneers for a very simple reason, to help all Gambians living in Sweden to come together and meet and help each other when needed."- By Ngange Demba Njie

Edited by - kobo on 08 May 2013 08:51:55
Go to Top of Page

dembis

Sweden
71 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2013 :  01:03:17  Show Profile Send dembis a Private Message
What happened on that meeting was a disgraced and a very bad example for our kids. I am not going to formed my own group but just to let this special angry group taste their own medicines. We Gambians have to stop undermining each other and try to behave ourselfs. It was crazy how people get mad at each other because of personal issues and old scores. I feel like am never gonna sit aside and let this bunch of old Gambia ruined my future and my kids. We can criticise each other constructively and not shout at each other. Many people representing this special angry group all are old OGIS members with histories, if you know what i mean and lives in Stockholm.

dembis
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06