Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 Imam Deposed because he had problem with chief
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Janyanfara

Tanzania
1350 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2011 :  22:46:36  Show Profile Send Janyanfara a Private Message
http://dailynews.gm/africa/gambia/article/deposed-soma-imam-freed-despite-chief-jarjuseys-interference

Jarra Soma Imam was deposed for alledgeedly insulting the people of JarrA Soma but it turned out there are grudges the Chief Jarjusy had against the Imam over land Issue long time ago.
I cannot imagine what has Gambia turned into? How can people entrusted with positions of trust publicly abuse it just because they are entrusted with power?
Lets now all wait and see what Yahya Jammeh's government would do in this matter now that the court has found the chief to have lied and used his possition of trust to falsely accuse innocent people thus defaming their character now that the Imam has written to the president for wrongful dismisal and the court has given his verdict in the Imam's favour.

Sister Omega

United Kingdom
2085 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2011 :  00:34:02  Show Profile  Visit Sister Omega's Homepage Send Sister Omega a Private Message
"I cannot imagine what has Gambia turned into? How can people entrusted with positions of trust publicly abuse it just because they are entrusted with power?" Janyanfara

Janyanfara look around the world through time and space. You will see this the negative side of Human nature.

Peace
Sister Omega
Go to Top of Page

Nyarikangbanna

United Kingdom
1382 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2011 :  01:21:31  Show Profile Send Nyarikangbanna a Private Message

So we must accept, right?

I do not oppose unity but I oppose dumb union.
Go to Top of Page

Sister Omega

United Kingdom
2085 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2011 :  02:03:06  Show Profile  Visit Sister Omega's Homepage Send Sister Omega a Private Message
Obviously not that's why the Imam fought his case in court and won after all doesn't our Creator help those who help themselves?

Peace
Sister Omega
Go to Top of Page

Nyarikangbanna

United Kingdom
1382 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2011 :  11:16:47  Show Profile Send Nyarikangbanna a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Sister Omega

Obviously not that's why the Imam fought his case in court and won after all doesn't our Creator help those who help themselves?

ok, point taken.

Thanks

I do not oppose unity but I oppose dumb union.
Go to Top of Page

Janyanfara

Tanzania
1350 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2011 :  22:51:59  Show Profile Send Janyanfara a Private Message
Ummmmmm Sister Omaga

do you belief there is any adherance to rule of law in the Gambia? The role of chiefs in the Gambia is both executive legislative and judicial and wedging all three arms of administration in one basket even though its local is an infringement of the traditional notion of balance of power.
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2011 :  01:35:44  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
THE DAILY NEWS;

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06