Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: World politics
 Politicians need to change ?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2011 :  10:47:36  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
I am not a political person but an ordinary man who cannot understand the minds of politicians ,I feel that it is time for us ordinary people to try to choose elected people who will reflect the feelings and wishes of the majority of their electors and to reach a consensus as to how best to govern the country.
In England we have had the recent disgusting riots,this has come to a shock to politicians and that is actually making them take some action,the people will no longer stand for things to drift on and on with just talk and more talk sometimes for years,politicians have been forced to accept that they must take responsibility for what they do and not blame someone else for the mess that they alone have created.
Africans, ( I am not African so I cannot write how they feel), MAY have a different take on what they expect their politicians to do.
Africa is still a tribal place,together with the arab world,MOST Africans have little hope of becoming wealthy except through the political way by showing they are a leader of people,once established in power MANY can do exactly what they please and become personally wealthy off the work and money of others.

P.S.,sorry turk I cannot provide any links or documents,these are my own personal views,

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Dembish

Gambia
284 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2011 :  11:01:18  Show Profile Send Dembish a Private Message
Good view Toubab, its exactly a reflection of the political leaders in Africa, they are all Greedy Monsters and once they re voted into office, they want to rule for the rest of their life.

There is no egg without a chicken, and no chicken without egg.
Go to Top of Page

snuggels

960 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2011 :  00:14:58  Show Profile
Its been going on since most African countries got thier indipendance 3 or 4 generations now and nothing is going to change soon maybe anothere 3 or 4 generations if ever
Go to Top of Page

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2011 :  00:22:28  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dembish

Good view Toubab, its exactly a reflection of the political leaders in Africa, they are all Greedy Monsters and once they re voted into office, they want to rule for the rest of their life.

So Dembish. You conveniently blame the political leaders. Where are these political leaders coming from? Mars? Why are they voted? And why aren't they taken down by people? May I add, nations deserve the government they got?

diaspora! Too many Chiefs and Very Few Indians.

Halifa Salah: PDOIS is however realistic. It is fully aware that the Gambian voters are yet to reach a level of political consciousness that they rely on to vote on the basis of Principles, policies and programmes and practices.

Edited by - turk on 17 Aug 2011 00:22:50
Go to Top of Page

snuggels

960 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2011 :  01:44:27  Show Profile
Yes and many got the leaders they have got through intimadation and brutality
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2011 :  11:43:41  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message

You cannot defend the indefensible.

quote:
Originally posted by turk

quote:
Originally posted by Dembish

So Dembish. You conveniently blame the political leaders. Where are these political leaders coming from? Mars? Why are they voted? And why aren't they taken down by people? May I add, nations deserve the government they got?

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2011 :  12:57:53  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
toub - Your statement is not clear.

Halifa Salah: PDOIS is however realistic. It is fully aware that the Gambian voters are yet to reach a level of political consciousness that they rely on to vote on the basis of Principles, policies and programmes and practices.
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2011 :  14:53:10  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
I disagree turk,its perfectly clear.
I refer the honourable bantabarian to the statement I gave earlier:

"Africans, ( I am not African so I cannot write how they feel), MAY have a different take on what they expect their politicians to do.
Africa is still a tribal place,together with the arab world,MOST Africans have little hope of becoming wealthy except through the political way by showing they are a leader of people,once established in power MANY can do exactly what they please and become personally wealthy off the work and money of others."

Go to Top of Page

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2011 :  16:48:11  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
Touby. Your criteria for perfect is well below my criteria for your statement. Sorry, but you are sub-standard.

It is not clear because I am not sure who you are referring when you say 'indefensible'. Is it politician or voter?

Personally, I do not blame African dictators. Dictators are reflection of the society. I blame people who either not capable, or not motivated, or not determined to take down the dictator or demand for better politics and solutions. If people do not demand any better, politician will not be better. It is not politician, it is society needs to change.

Edited by - turk on 17 Aug 2011 16:55:11
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2011 :  16:56:41  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
"it is society needs to change." turk I would totally agree with that,but politicians are also a reflection of society they ALL have total self interest,and are seldom motivated to do good unless it benefits themselves,note my signature

Edited by - toubab1020 on 17 Aug 2011 16:57:06
Go to Top of Page

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2011 :  17:18:33  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
Since politicians are reflection of society, if society changes, that will produce better politicians. So you agree with me, i don't know what you are opposing.

Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2011 :  19:21:43  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
My goodness me turk , you are one of them,....................... A POLITICIAN,

Edited by - toubab1020 on 17 Aug 2011 19:23:01
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06