Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Gambian Cultural Forum
 Cultural guide: General
 Age Gap
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

snuggels

960 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2011 :  16:11:58  Show Profile
I think our Muslim friends sum it up

From the Muslim web site SingleMuslim.com
"It is important to bear in mind that if people are entering marriage with the right intentions then the age gap should make no difference to the relationship at all.

"After all, the most successful marriages are founded on a meeting of minds and hearts, and not on the number of candles on each partner's birthday cake!"
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2011 :  16:27:16  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
"I don't believe in polygamy." OK there are lots of things that I don't believe in but I can still have an opinion,you obviously have no opinion in things that you don't believe in.That's your right, but how dull just to discuss only things that you believe in, must restrict your intellect to a huge extent.

quote:
Originally posted by turk

touby

Stop the foolishness. You asked me my opinion. I answered. I don't believe in polygamy. The age difference in marriage not only happens in particular society. It happens in Gambia, Turkey. I have never said otherwise. And other than a few exceptions, majority fails.

How can anyone expect healthy relationship of a senior citizen men with a girl in 20s. I am not going to even argue this.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 14 Aug 2011 16:28:00
Go to Top of Page

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2011 :  16:44:46  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
Stating not believing polygamy is an opinion. Don't you get it. If one says that he or she does not believe in something, that means he or she is in opinion that means this person disapproves this and providing what he or she thinks about the concept. Stating this disapproval that is itself an opinion. I am discussing and provide you my discussion about the polygamy by stating that I do not believe that. I do not agree with multiple marriages. And I also provided by opinion about the topic. The age differences. I stated that it is not genuine.

Touby, you are one of the least impressive poster in bantaba for the transformation of data-information-knowledge-wisdom.

diaspora! Too many Chiefs and Very Few Indians.

Halifa Salah: PDOIS is however realistic. It is fully aware that the Gambian voters are yet to reach a level of political consciousness that they rely on to vote on the basis of Principles, policies and programmes and practices.

Edited by - turk on 14 Aug 2011 16:49:21
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2011 :  17:58:43  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Touby, you are one of the least impressive poster in bantaba for the transformation of data-information-knowledge-wisdom.

Thanks turk, I appriciate your words,I am pleased that at least I am able to discuss and have an opinion on almost everything,unlike yourself who are so blinkered as to refuse to discuss anything that you don't believe in,a very dull person ,who thinks he is always right !

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 14 Aug 2011 17:59:22
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06