Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: World politics
 Institutional oppression in Turkey
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2011 :  21:39:22  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message

Turkey earned a reputation for institutional oppression for many, many, years. There are hopes that by joining the EU instutional oppression will tamper down to give way for civil society emancipated democractic order.

http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/socsi/resources/wrkgpaper-81.pdf

Karamba

Edited by - Karamba on 06 Aug 2011 21:40:37

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2011 :  21:51:55  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
Thanks for confirming my thoughts. Turkey is far from ideal democracy with three coups in recent history, the last one was 1980. Now there is a legal process that Turkish law has charged against the general that organized the 1980 coup after 30 years. They are processing toward democracy, EU has accepted them to be part of EU and currently accession talks underway. Also, civilian arrest of generals are good indicator that they are on the right path.

I suggest you read first article before you post.

diaspora! Too many Chiefs and Very Few Indians.

Halifa Salah: PDOIS is however realistic. It is fully aware that the Gambian voters are yet to reach a level of political consciousness that they rely on to vote on the basis of Principles, policies and programmes and practices.

Edited by - turk on 06 Aug 2011 21:52:30
Go to Top of Page

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2011 :  21:55:02  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message

Thank the authors.

Karamba
Go to Top of Page

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2011 :  22:14:49  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
My thanks was a sarcasm to you that you are posting something that is actually supporting my views.

Halifa Salah: PDOIS is however realistic. It is fully aware that the Gambian voters are yet to reach a level of political consciousness that they rely on to vote on the basis of Principles, policies and programmes and practices.
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11604 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2011 :  22:22:41  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by turk

.... They are processing toward democracy, EU has accepted them to be part of EU and currently accession talks underway.

Where do you get that from? EU will never accept Turkey as part of EU.

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2011 :  22:30:23  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
They accepted for the accession talks, if they won't why bother with the accession talks!!!!! That is another story but I do not want Turkey to be part of EU anyway. They have far better future than Europe.

Go to Top of Page

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2011 :  22:54:47  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by turk

My thanks was a sarcasm to you that you are posting something that is actually supporting my views.

Point of correction senior Turk. I do not post anything to support your views. If you write anything that is fact and I too write something like that being a fact, that does not make me support you. Stop personalising and learn to detach yourself from issues. I have nothing against your person much the same way I have nothing against the person of captain Jemus AJJJ. To put it thick, I do not write here to support even my self. By all means I strive to back my issues with whatever material input. That does not mean backing myself but it does mean adding more information relevant to the topic at hand. You get wound up easily due to your subjective value judgement.

Karamba
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06