Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: World politics
 SYRIA CRISES
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2011 :  16:11:32  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
ANOTHER ARAB TYRANT MUSLIM LEADER IS KILLING ITS PEOPLE (MAINLY MUSLIMS0 JUST TO STAY IN POWER AND DENYING THEM (PROTESTERS) DEMOCRATIC RIGHTS; BEING IGNORED UNTIL IT BECAME MESSY TO ALLOW THEM STEPPING IN FOR MORE DESTRUCTION AND CASUALTIES; LIKE IN LIBYA

PRESIDENT ASSAD SHOULD BE CONDEMN AND STOP NOW FOR HIS HANDLING OF SYRIAN CRISES AND CONTINUING COMMITTING MORE ATROCITIES

MORE NEWS;

AL JAZEERA Turkish PM: Syria crackdown inhumane

BBC NEWS;

Syrian refugees reach Lebanon with tales of brutality

Syrian army 'moves on Jisr al-Shughour'

Edited by - kobo on 10 Jun 2011 17:19:37

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2011 :  16:41:41  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
Kobo

Can you explain why you focused on 'ARAB' and 'MUSLIM'? I mean Asad is not Arab (He is an Arab as much as African Sudanese and Somalian). He is not and Arab ethnically. His Arabness coming from the language he speaks, other than the language he speaks in Arabic he is ethnically different from Arabs in Arabian peninsula. And he is not a Muslim that we understand the religion of Islam based on the holly book of Quran. He is Alewi Shia which is a sect of the followers of 'prophet Ali'.

Your referring 'Arab' and 'Muslim' is not really helping the fight against the prejudice about Muslims. The conflict is not something MUSLIM is killing. It is very tiring people like you associating 'Muslims' with 'killing'. It is Alewi sect which is almost 10 percent of the population of Syria defending their power on other Muslims groups. Just to clarify. The conflict is tribal like conflict. A certain group in society does not want to lose their power.

diaspora! Too many Chiefs and Very Few Indians.

Halifa Salah: PDOIS is however realistic. It is fully aware that the Gambian voters are yet to reach a level of political consciousness that they rely on to vote on the basis of Principles, policies and programmes and practices.

Edited by - turk on 10 Jun 2011 16:43:42
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2011 :  16:52:47  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
"The conflict is tribal like conflict. A certain group in society does not want to lose their power."

Ah..... yes turk.......you have a valid point.
I am no scholar on Islam as you well know so I cannot comment on that part of your posting, but your sentence I have quoted here certainly makes a very good explaination.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2011 :  17:34:35  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
1. TRIBES OF ARAB WORLD; SAME CULTURE, ARABIC CIVILISATION AND ARAB REGIONS RENOWNED WITH MUSLIMS, MANY MOSQUES AND ISLAM; ISN'T IT?

2. SO IT IS TRIBAL AND I BEG TO SLAM THEM CONFUSED MUSLIMS? AS ALL OF THEM BASED ISLAMIC IDEOLOGY ON OWN INTERPRETATIONS; DIFFERENT SCHOLARS AND WHAT THEY WERE INDOCTRINATED TO BELIEF

PS: CONFUSED MAY NOT BE APPROPRIATE BUT THAT THE BEST TERM I HAVE FOR DEVIANTS OF TEACHINGS OF PROPHET MUHAMED (M.P.B.U.H) AND ISLAMIC GUIDANCE

3. THANKS FOR CLARIFICATIONS ON THE CIVIL WAR AND SOME OF YOUR POINTS VALID AND APPRECIATED

4. I CANNOT ACCEPT DEGRADATION OF MUSLIMS BUT WE (MUSLIMS) MUST WAKE-UP TO PROMOTE OURSELVES AND ISLAMIC IDEOLOGY

5. THIS IS A TOPIC TO SHARE, ANALYSE SITUATION AND LEARN NEW LESSONS IN GLOBAL CONFLICTS

Edited by - kobo on 10 Jun 2011 18:26:12
Go to Top of Page

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2011 :  18:27:27  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
1. Tribes of Arab world. Kobo, let me repeat. Syrians are not originated from Arab ethnicity. They are indigenous of Syria, who happens to speak Arabic language. In Sudan, Somalia there are indigenous people who may speak Arab language but they are not ethnically Arab. Yes, Arabic language had influenced many different nations including Malaysian, Pakistanis, Africans, Gambians which are not tribes of Arab world. They are tribes, nations of Islamic World.

2. Your ignorance about the important issues I am raising is when you associate 'Killing' with 'Arab' and 'Muslims. So how come people do not associate 'Israeli' killing with 'Judaism'. Or Irish killing with 'Catholic'. Or Palestine terrorists as 'Islamic' terrorist. The world is much complex than you portray. Sorry. Syrian is rules by the sect called Alawi, while they claim they are Muslims, they have very different religious believes and rituals. First of all, they are very secular. They do not accept the teachings of Prophet Mohammed (Sunna). Contrary, the people who protest are actually Muslims who follow 'Sunnah'. And Syria has many different ethnic groups from Durzi, Armenian, Kurd, Turk, Turkmen etc. So the problem is much more complex than as you posted as simple 'Arab' dictator, 'Muslim' killing.

3. Your are welcome.

4. Muslim do not have to wake up as a ideological warriors.. And they do not have to promote Islamic Ideology. Muslims are ordinary people like other people in Europe, Japan and China, we worry about paying bills, work, raising our children. I am a Muslim as a believer. But I do not want to promote Islamic ideology as a political tool.

Halifa Salah: PDOIS is however realistic. It is fully aware that the Gambian voters are yet to reach a level of political consciousness that they rely on to vote on the basis of Principles, policies and programmes and practices.

Edited by - turk on 10 Jun 2011 18:38:17
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2011 :  15:40:21  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
[quote]Originally posted by turk

1. Tribes of Arab world. Kobo, let me repeat. Syrians are not originated from Arab ethnicity. They are indigenous of Syria, who happens to speak Arabic language. In Sudan, Somalia there are indigenous people who may speak Arab language but they are not ethnically Arab. Yes, Arabic language had influenced many different nations including Malaysian, Pakistanis, Africans, Gambians which are not tribes of Arab world. They are tribes, nations of Islamic World.

Turk. Let's got a grip on this Arab issue? You over-sensationalised it to the point as taboo! For 21st century; Syria for political correctness, is part of core "Arab" world ( but for you that doesn't suit you; instead you recognised "Islamic world"? What an irony? How am it is wrong; if 21st century Syria; has "Arabic" as official language, dominated by "Arab" culture and globally recognised as an Arab state within "Arab League"; across political divides of "East", "West" and all sorts of world political map; in a political subject? Gambia is part of the "Islamic world" (& member of OIC) for there are majority of Muslims' there but not part of "Arab world"; so "Arab world" is more appropriate than "Islamic world"; as introduced into topic? EVIDENCES ON CURRENT AFFAIRS AND WORLD POLITICS BELOW;

Syria country profile

Mapping the Arab world

2. Your ignorance about the important issues I am raising is when you associate 'Killing' with 'Arab' and 'Muslims. So how come people do not associate 'Israeli' killing with 'Judaism'. Or Irish killing with 'Catholic'. Or Palestine terrorists as 'Islamic' terrorist. The world is much complex than you portray. Sorry. Syrian is rules by the sect called Alawi, while they claim they are Muslims, they have very different religious believes and rituals. First of all, they are very secular. They do not accept the teachings of Prophet Mohammed (Sunna). Contrary, the people who protest are actually Muslims who follow 'Sunnah'. And Syria has many different ethnic groups from Durzi, Armenian, Kurd, Turk, Turkmen etc. So the problem is much more complex than as you posted as simple 'Arab' dictator, 'Muslim' killing.

My focus is on the Syrian crises and not other conflicts; the brutality there and current onslaught of Syrian government on its citizens; mainly "MUSLIMS" and increasing large scale terrorism ACROSS MUSLIM COUNTRIES; EXPLOITED BY ENEMIES OF ISLAM

3. Your are welcome. NOTED!

4. Muslim do not have to wake up as a ideological warriors.. And they do not have to promote Islamic Ideology. Muslims are ordinary people like other people in Europe, Japan and China, we worry about paying bills, work, raising our children. I am a Muslim as a believer. But I do not want to promote Islamic ideology as a political tool.

WHY CAN'T POWERFUL MUSLIM COUNTRIES RE-THINK TO RE-SHAPE POLICIES? ISLAM IS NOT AGAINST DEMOCRACY? THIS SECTION IS A WIDE AREA AND MAY COME BACK LATER

LATEST WITH BBC Syrian unrest: 'Heavy fighting' in Jisr al-Shughour

Edited by - kobo on 12 Jun 2011 18:48:46
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2011 :  16:03:36  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
An observation,I think that all the uprisings that are now occuring have been brought about by poor and often uneducated people having access to the internet and communications,these people are now fully aware of being downtrodden masses, their leaders are very greedy and refuse to relinquish power or modify the way they run their countries,they are not happy having sufficient money to live comfortably they want everything,sums of money that the normal person cannot envision they are so great.Religion,Tribalism, must play a part,but its also fair to say that the majority of the people in countries that are experiencing problems are still living in times that are many years out of date,because education has not been in place and the money is with a few people only,the majority are no longer happy with this situation and want something better for themselves and their children.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2011 :  01:45:17  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
Kobo
I am not going to accept your standards of argument. I am very detail oriented and observe social and political issues with the details. You said ‘Arab tyrant’. You used ‘Arab’ as referring its ethnicity which is incorrect. Asad is not Arab. He speaks the language of Arab, but ethnically he IS NOT.
And you also used ‘Muslim’ referring Asad. And that is another incorrect statement. He is someone from the Alewi sect. I had to correct your errors.
And, why Muslims would need enemy, while you, a fellow muslim, is associating the reference ‘Muslim’ with the killing and tyranny!!!! You know the saying, sometime people are the biggest enemy of themselves. You are a perfect example of this.
In Syrian case, there are indeed Muslims who are victimized by not-so-Muslim leaders for last 40 years in Syria. Not Muslims are tyrant and killing in Syrian case, they are the ones actually victim.
It is nice try to recover from your original statement of ‘Muslims killing’ to ‘Syrian government on its citizens; mainly ‘Muslims’. At least, you realize your error.

Edited by - turk on 13 Jun 2011 12:59:12
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12306 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2011 :  14:00:54  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
turk, I am sorry but you appear to be nitpicking instead of discussing what kobo has written,I cannot join in this I know very little about culture in this case BUT I will comment,if you don't mind

If he looks like an arab and dresses and speaks like an arab,what is he?

Edited by - toubab1020 on 13 Jun 2011 14:03:08
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2011 :  18:11:44  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
[quote]Originally posted by turk

I am not going to accept your standards of argument. I am very detail oriented and observe social and political issues with the details. You said ‘Arab tyrant’. You used ‘Arab’ as referring its ethnicity which is incorrect. Asad is not Arab. He speaks the language of Arab, but ethnically he IS NOT.

Wrong assumptions on "ethnicity"; for am referring to Syria in political context; historically and internationally considered a typical Arab nation, with Arab culture, language and its fundamental ideologies!WRONG ASSUMPTIONS ON "ETHNICITY" FOR I AM REFERRING TO SYRIA INTERNATIONALLY KNOWN AS AN TYPICAL ARAB NATION, WITH ARAB CULTURE & LANGUAGE AND ITS IDEOLOGIES! Whether President Assad is Arab or not is not my concern for I consider him as an Arab tyrant (ruling an Arab nation)!

And you also used ‘Muslim’ referring Asad. And that is another incorrect statement. He is someone from the Alewi sect. I had to correct your errors.

More or less to "correct errors", "Alawi sect" cannot be ruled out amongst the series of Islamic religious sects? If they qualify as a faction of "Islam" and they are different "muslims"; am in order with my point"

And, why Muslims would need enemy, while you, a fellow muslim, is associating the reference ‘Muslim’ with the killing and tyranny!!!! You know the saying, sometime people are the biggest enemy of themselves. You are a perfect example of this.

Where did I alluded that "Muslims would need enemy"? Am criticising the atrocities in the heart of an Arab nation for that's where Islam is deeply rooted

In Syrian case, there are indeed Muslims who are victimized by not-so-Muslim leaders for last 40 years in Syria. Not Muslims are tyrant and killing in Syrian case, they are the ones actually victim.
It is nice try to recover from your original statement of ‘Muslims killing’ to ‘Syrian government on its citizens; mainly ‘Muslims’. At least, you realize your error.

"This protest is about reforms, democracy and a NATIONAL CAUSE and I was very clear with my original statements on Syria crises; analysing recent events across Arab world

RELATED Syria and Turkey border.
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2011 :  13:47:59  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
LATEST DEVELOPMENTS;

AL JAZEERA Syria protesters 'shot outside mosque'

SKY NEWS Syria Crackdown: Forces 'Kill 20 Protesters'
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2011 :  00:36:57  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
AL ARABIYA NEWS Specter of sectarian violence proves two-edged sword for Assad. By James M. Dorsey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06