Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 Power belongs to the people
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2010 :  15:02:12  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
<! Topic split from http://www.gambia.dk/forums/topic.asp?whichpage=2&TOPIC_ID=10093#64707 by Admin>

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Moe[/]

Look Yahya Jammeh made every single one of Africa's coupist look like an Amateur. He took over in a blood less coup and had everyone bowing down to a player in 16 years, Whats historically wrong with my opinion.

AS RETORT AND THE ANTI-DOTE, MEDICINE OR REMEDY TO YOUR COMMENT A CONCERNED GAMBIAN MADE THIS COMMENT FROM JOLLOF NEWS ON-LINE CHALLENGING ALL OPPONENTS;

"If we d opposition r not looking 4 individual selfish interest we can easily unseat Jammeh by coming together without shedding a single drop of blood of even a rat. What is stopping us? Let’s call on our leaders to put their power hunger aside for sake of redemption or else they not d least better than Jammeh and his Tyranny"

POWER BELONGS TO THE PEOPLE OR MASS! IT DOES NOT BELONG TO ANY FACTION!

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2010 :  15:53:22  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
Kobo

Power belongs to the people who have capability to handle the power. If that is not the case, there is someone to take care of it. Do you think it is a coincidence top 40 countries in terms of GDP are democracy (Note. There are always a few exceptions) and bottom 40 IS NOT. If opposition take over the government today, there will be another type of dictatorship called 'aristocracy'. I don't see any form of full democracy to be established in Gambia without taking literacy level above 60 percent for both men and women and gdp at least lower mid-income.

Jammeh maintained the stability, safety and steady development and no other alternatives despite lacking any significant natural resources in the country.

diaspora! Too many Chiefs and Very Few Indians.

Halifa Salah: PDOIS is however realistic. It is fully aware that the Gambian voters are yet to reach a level of political consciousness that they rely on to vote on the basis of Principles, policies and programmes and practices.

Edited by - turk on 23 Dec 2010 15:53:36
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2010 :  16:34:14  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
Turk your points are valid. WHAT IS ALTERNATIVE OPTION FOR OPPONENTS OF JAMMEH/APRC; IF THEY WANT A CHANGE OF GOVERNMENT?

THE ON-LINE RANTS, OPPOSITION DIVIDED & LACK OF UNITED FRONT ARE HELPING CONSOLIDATING JAMMEH/APRC IN POWER MORE!

THAT COMMENT IS THE SOLUTION TO STOP JAMMEH/APRC!
Go to Top of Page

turk

USA
3356 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2010 :  17:12:29  Show Profile  Visit turk's Homepage Send turk a Private Message
Kobo

There is a fundamental differences in your approach and mine. I don't see APRC is the tyranny. It is not perfect but APRC and its short comings are reflection of Gambian society. I see Gambian problem in terms of governance is due to lack of the quality of human capital. That includes illiteracy, low wealth, not having 'statehood' experience. To me bringing down the Jammeh government is not the main objective. My main objective is betterment of Gambia. If you can't beat them join them. There are other means to improve Gambia as well. If one wants to change thing withing political structure, why not join APRC and change the government within. As a member of APRC, demand the change, ask them to do right thing. Why not?

It is illusion if opposition wins, things will change. Do you think if elite of UDP/PDOIS come, they will be any difference between people and administration. Voters will be same. Nothing will give the political power to the ordinary people, ordinary people need to take it. UDP/PDOIS will continue to hold political power, because ordinary gambians are not equipped to demand the power.

New Government will change the administration with their fan base. A lots of people Jammeh supporters will lose their job, positions. UDP/PDOIS will hire their fan base. Then another political dog fight will start. PDOIS/UDP will want to punish APRC, they will want revenge. Opposition parties do not have any significant ideological differences. They claim their team is better than APRC. I am not sure if there are significant differences.

diaspora! Too many Chiefs and Very Few Indians.

Halifa Salah: PDOIS is however realistic. It is fully aware that the Gambian voters are yet to reach a level of political consciousness that they rely on to vote on the basis of Principles, policies and programmes and practices.

Edited by - turk on 23 Dec 2010 17:20:32
Go to Top of Page

Karamba

United Kingdom
3820 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2010 :  03:39:06  Show Profile Send Karamba a Private Message
Turk, you sound typically out of tunes by the look of your take. How do you expect good people of Gambia to swallow all the poison of this rotten scheme (not systematic of course) with the notion of if can't beat them, you join them?

Your prescribtions for Gambia remain largely poisonous and deadly. In short, not fit for humanly consumption.

You hold very unhealthy feelings for Gambia, Turkie.

Karamba
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06