Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 General Forum
 General Forum: General discussion
 67 tonnes of food to Gambia from UAE

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kiwi Posted - 10 Apr 2021 : 12:01:29
https://www.thenationalnews.com/uae/coronavirus-uae-sends-vaccine-doses-to-syria-and-aid-to-gambia-1.1199811

on Thursday, the UAE sent an aid plane with 67 tonnes of food to Gambia as the African country tackles Covid-19.

The UAE previously sent an aid plane containing five tonnes of medical supplies to the country last year to help curb the pandemic.

This aid has helped about 5,000 healthcare workers in their efforts to contain the virus.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Momodou Posted - 10 Apr 2021 : 21:14:07
quote:
Originally posted by kiwi

How should people living outside the Banjul area act to get advantage of this donation? Those who do not have food for the day and have never received any help? Talk to the village alkalo? Spread the word?
The risk is that most of the donation go to the government people, isnīt it?

Kiwi, unless the distribution is done by NGOs like the Red Cross it will not reach to most people who deserve it. There is evidence that the Alkalos gives it to only those they believes belong to the Presidents new party.
kiwi Posted - 10 Apr 2021 : 15:20:32
How should people living outside the Banjul area act to get advantage of this donation? Those who do not have food for the day and have never received any help? Talk to the village alkalo? Spread the word?
The risk is that most of the donation go to the government people, isnīt it?

Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06