Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Forum
 General Forum: General discussion
 NO Banjul Ferry for 30 days.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2020 :  10:50:27  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

https://fatunetwork.net/ferries-announces-30-day-halt-in-ferry-service-and-advises-members-of-the-public-to-use-senegambia-bridge/

The Gambia Ports Authority Ferry Services announced Monday there will be no ferry services along the Banjul and Barra route for 30 days.

The authority in a statement said the development will commence on Wednesday October 21.

“This disruption in service is as a result of the planned installation of new landing bridges, which were procured from DAMEN Shipyards in the Netherlands. Fixing of the ramps for both Banjul and Barra started on the 1st October and the dismantling and installation is expected to commence shortly,” the authority’s statement said.

The statement added: “The GPA Ferry Services therefore advises all vehicular traffic to use the Senegambia Bridge via the South Bank as an alternative route.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

rassimian

United Kingdom
168 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2020 :  14:40:09  Show Profile Send rassimian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Considering the number of people let alone transport that makes this crossing everyday this is a major problem for those wanting to cross.
I heard that local boats ( the press called them canoes) are charging people 50 dal a time to cross. Women have been complaining that they are being carried to dry land by men who are charging 10 dal for this priviledge. Anything to make money. My friend who lives on Jinack said he got up at dawn to get a boat across because of the crowds and was in a boat with 80 people. Sounds like criminal exploitation to me.
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12238 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2020 :  19:31:57  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have not read anywhere in the Media that this long overdue work has been completed and the Ferries are running on all engines at express speeds taking passengers to and fro in their usual great comfort.
I would have thought that the completion day would have been most prominent in political terms.

Dear Reader can you shed any light on this topic ?

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 22 Dec 2020 19:37:46
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06