Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Gambian Cultural Forum
 Cultural guide: General
 Is polygamy a good practice?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toubab1020

12236 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2013 :  17:23:05  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message

It can bring problems,Maybe?

http://observer.gm/africa/gambia/article/woman-pours-hot-water-on-co-wife

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

toubab1020

12236 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2013 :  15:27:26  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
No so clear as Dalton1's posting I suppose but related for sure.

http://www.gambia.dk/forums/topic.asp?whichpage=1&TOPIC_ID=13122#76784

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2013 :  20:24:23  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
[quote]Originally posted by toubab1020

No so clear as Dalton1's posting I suppose but related for sure.

Woman Pours Hot Water on Co-Wife
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2013 :  02:26:14  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Toubab & Kobo,

I certainly missed that post. My apologies for re-posting on the same material.

That aside though, it raises lots of concern. Do we blame polygamy or do we blame their personalities? Both played a role with later being more of a problem. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to opinions on this as time permits.

Best, Yero

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12236 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2013 :  10:16:02  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Dalton1 I couldn't agree with you more,but the whole episode is about people their thoughts and their make up, BUT to cause deliberate injury to someone in this way can never be condoned BY ANYONE and the person who caused such an injury should be punished.
A young woman was permanently scarred in an incident in London UK where acid was thrown in her face,acid is not the same as boiling water but the catastrophic results on the lives of those injured are the same.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1221077/Katie-Piper-Acid-attack-victim-bravely-shows-face-disfigured-boyfriend-Daniel-Lynch.html

Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2013 :  11:05:51  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Thanks Toubab and for sharing the link as well.Very unfortunate on that link and I am quite saddened that young's Kate's dreams has been shattered by this loser.

I do not plan to live a polygamous marriage. I have my own questions. Some of us came from cultures/religions that find no fault in polygamy. Matter of fact, there are some families who pull together really. I have some Hmong (Asia) who practice polygamy here in the US. In as much as personality is to blame, I see some problems with polygamy as well.

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12236 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2013 :  11:38:31  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
I think that ,(as I understand it,open to correction here) a man in a polygamous marriage set up has a responsibility to treat each and every wife in an identical fashion,I take this to mean in a loving and physical sense and also a material sense, all wives should have their own space and "things" and these should be of equal value,therefore in order to make such a set up work the man has to be wealthy,if not then everybody in the set up is deprived of a life style that could be achieved in a monogamous marriage,would you agree with that view or not Dalton1 ? (reply as "time permits" ) others welcome to join in this please.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 14 Apr 2013 11:41:40
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2013 :  11:53:12  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Yes, correctly worded Toubab and I agree.

But this guy is certainly taking the fancy route rather than being the capable husband. If the second wife didn't act the way she acted, I would have personally donated her with a cooking pot.

Thanks

Edited by - Dalton1 on 14 Apr 2013 12:05:58
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12236 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2013 :  12:49:11  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Quite so, job done

Edited by - toubab1020 on 14 Apr 2013 12:49:30
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06