Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 Person of the Year 2013
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2014 :  19:58:08  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Person of the Year 2013
Folks –
I have decided to take the trouble again to choose my person of the year 2013. At a very trying time, there are still those with the courage and spine to say it as it is. Mass Kah, an employee with Foroyaa Newspaper called the shots. He was quoted to have said, “Why not paste the photo of His Excellency the president on the Sky?” (The Point Newspaper, November 28th 2013). He was arrested shortly after uttering the above and charged with a bogus sedition charge. While in quote, Kah had the courage to stand by his words.
It can be understood that Kah is among the many frustrated with the political hypocrisy in the Gambia, where anything and everything is attributed to Jammeh. Kah’s comments helps to show what is in the minds of many Gambians, most of whom are unable to openly speak. It also demystifies a man (Jammeh) who thinks he is as powerful a destructive lightning bolt.
Folks –join me thereby to crown Mass Kah as the Gambian Man of the Year 2013.
Person of the Year: Mass Kah
Mass’ Quote: “Why not paste the photo of His Excellency the president on the Sky?” (The Point Newspaper, November 28th 2013).

Best for 2014,
Yero.

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2014 :  20:15:00  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
corrections: "While in court..."

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:
Go to Top of Page

Nyarikangbanna

United Kingdom
1382 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2014 :  20:15:06  Show Profile Send Nyarikangbanna a Private Message
I am not sure about this one. My information is that Bai Mass is an indoctrinated Halifa Sallah disciple who can't even think for himself. I rather we crown people who own themselves and think by themselves . Human robots cannot be bestowed with crowns.

Thanks

I do not oppose unity but I oppose dumb union.
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2014 :  20:19:54  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Happy New Year Nyari. You are welcome on your take and can choose anyone as well. I am not aware that he is indoctrinated by Halifa. Think about his defiance...it weighs a lot during a trying time like ours. let me know your person of the year 2013 too.
Best for 2014, Yero

Edited by - Dalton1 on 01 Jan 2014 20:23:46
Go to Top of Page

Nyarikangbanna

United Kingdom
1382 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2014 :  23:09:32  Show Profile Send Nyarikangbanna a Private Message
Justice Wowo is my man of the year. He spilled the beans in court much to the annoyance of justice Nkea.

Thanks

I do not oppose unity but I oppose dumb union.
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2014 :  00:39:11  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
1. Dalton 1 Intrestingly Bai Mass Kah should be endorsed as a very sensible choice and my heroes in the struggle nominated (joining Bai Mass Kah as Persons of the Year 2013 at par)

2. Duga Embassy Trio activists & militants fighting at forefront for dissidents, voiceless, impunity and free The Gambia against dictatorship; Coach Pa Samba Jow, Ousainou Mbenga, Sohna Sallah

3. Paris Trio unsung defiant heroes; activists & militants at the forefront fighting for dissidents, voiceless, impunity and free The Gambia against dictatorship; Ngange Demba Njie, Ousainanou Bai Sankareh and Yusupha Mendy
Ngange Demba NjieOusainou Bai SankarehYusupha Mendy Facebook Page
4. Essa Bokar Sey Orator, Diplomat, Activist, Militant and Dynamic Leader

5. Ebrima Solo Sandeng victim of circumstances, state terror, repression, impunity, anarchy and dictatorship

6. Lasana Jobarteh victim of circumstances, state terror, repression, impunity, anarchy and dictatorship

7. Gamwriter and Scholar Ebou Gaye on his articles; especially this one Courtesy of Mafaanta.com Intolerance: A Recipe for Conflicts and Sufferings

8. Sam Phatey a versatile Gambian young intellectual, Youth Ambassador, Analyst and Economist

9. Burama FL Jammeh Financial and Political Analyst; Statesman, Campaigner & Champion for Democracy, Civic Mindedness, Sensitizing on both Current & Post-Jammeh era & dedicated full-time Charting The Future Democratic Republic of The Gambia.

10. Banka Manneh Activist, Militant & Spokesperson at the forefront fighting for dissidents, voiceless, impunity and free The Gambia against dictatorship

11. Imam Baba Leigh Senior Citizen, Muslim Scholar and Community Leader, victim of circumstances, state terror, repression, impunity, anarchy and dictatorship. "The Pan-African Human Rights Defenders Network has conferred in absentia, The Gambia’s intrepid and venerable Imam Baba Leigh, with its prestigious African Human Rights Defenders’ Award, making him the first person ever, to capture this maiden prize set to recognize African citizens who have distinguished themselves in the defense and protection of fundamental human rights that are all too often, brutally suppressed by the continent’s despotic leaders like our own tyrant, Yahya Jammeh."
Seegil Gambia Video - Special Prayers for Imam

12. Amadou Sanneh victim of circumstances, state terror, repression, impunity, anarchy and dictatorship

13. Posthumous award to late Shyngle Nyassi. " “A true patriot who never wavered in his quest to unite and shape a better living for all Gambians.”" "“Shyngle Nyassi has written his own story,” UDP mouthpiece said, quoting an old adage that “If the lion does not write his own story, the hunter will be dignified. Shyngle is a lion and he has written his own story. No hunter will be dignified.”...." "‘‘I will not speak of Nyassi in the past; I will speak of him in the present, because it is people who have not contributed to the well-being and who passed away are talked of in the past, but those who have contributed to the advancement of their nation, their society are always spoken of in the present, when they depart this world,’’ Darboe stated...." "“We gave Shyngle the biggest farewell,”a prominent UDP activist told Kibaaro News."

RIP!

Edited by - kobo on 02 Jan 2014 02:42:19
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2014 :  13:54:03  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Kobo -

I enjoyed browsing through your rejoinder & thanks for adding your lines. These are all interesting names and deserves the highest endorsement and that is where it becomes a matter of opinion.
Best for 2014!

Here is what I wrote on December 6th 2013;

quote:
"Folks,

Let’s give it to our compatriots in France for showing Jammeh the same hell he created for many other innocent citizens in the Gambia. It was one of the best ways to mourn Mandela’s passing away. Jammeh has been completely demystified and reduced to nothing other than a useless and fetish person.

It shows that leadership comes with responsibility. Jammeh was neither born great nor was he entrusted with leadership greatness. He sneaked through the back door and must sneak right back through the same ugly door he accidentally defaulted to power through.

To the bystanders who think it is not the right way to treat someone like Jammeh, I ask you to show us an alternative way to peacefully live in the land. The political hypocrisy must be given a thorough check. If you wait to make noise only when your relative or family member is touched, you hang in there until when you get a share, then we start hearing all these weird things about the devil.

I keep hearing people talking about elections and nonviolence activism. The deal such resides in places where the environment permits it. In today’s Gambia, the environment doesn’t permit for any of those activities. It is a lawless state with the terror administration hanging onto the state apparatus which they are using against innocent citizens. It is just within rights to defend yourself by which means are necessary.

For today’s heroic resistance, I leave you all with Ngange. I wholly endorse Ngange and the many other compatriots showing the mighty dictator some real stuff….fire!

Picture (Courtesy of Freedom Newspaper).

Thanks & keep it up guys!
"

Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2014 :  06:05:00  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
1. Dalton 1 Thanks for sharing. "This cause is bigger than any individual, group of individuals, elite, crony, clique, cabal, party leader and opposition political party!"

2. BINGO: ON UDP Leader's 2011 New year message: REPEATED AS QUOTED BELOW
quote:
"We ask all our citizens to be an integral part of the change they seek by getting involved in whatever capacity suits them. Change is always a difficult task and along the way it is easy to become despondent, fearful, tired, angry, and sometimes be tempted to throw in the towel. But because the cause we have embarked upon is a just one that must be pursued, we must all strive harder to achieve these important goals. We however, can do it only if we come together as one and face the opponent. This cause is bigger than any individual or group of individuals." Lawyer Ousainou Darboe

3. Salient points noted above;
quote:
"We ask all our citizens to be an integral part of the change they seek by getting involved in whatever capacity suits them"... & "This cause is bigger than any individual or group of individuals."
Lawyer Ousainou Darboe

4. We are all in this quagmire together, a national duty responsibility for ALL CITIZENS franchise to decide destiny of the nation!

Edited by - kobo on 03 Jan 2014 07:05:59
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2014 :  04:03:31  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
Local film director named ‘Person of the Year 2013’

A local film director and executive director of Children and Community Initiative for Development (CAID), Ibrahim Ceesay, has been named The Gambia Weekly News and Report Magazine’s “Person of the Year 2013’, a press release from the publishers has announced.

“In a congratulatory letter conveying the message to the young film producer and director, Mr. Swaebou Conateh of the Dippakunda-based Gambia Communication and Baroueli Enterprises, the publishers of the weekly "News and Report" magazine stated that their criteria for selecting “Person of the Year” (previously ‘Man of the Year’) is based on the following considerations: the person selected must be someone who, through his/her work, profession or personal endeavour, is judged to have contributed the most to the public welfare and to advancing the country’s development in the interest of all Gambians; he or she must have contributed significantly to enhancing in a direct and tangible form, the social and economic status of Gambians as a whole; he or she would have put in place for posterity facilities and or infrastructures and other achievements that can serve as a lasting memorial of his/her contributions to national development,” the release explained.....

Source: Daily Observer News & full report

Edited by - kobo on 04 Jan 2014 04:04:30
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06