Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 African Petroleum looks to drill offshore Gambia
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Momodou

Denmark
11511 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2013 :  18:34:59  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
African Petroleum looks to drill offshore Gambia

WEST LEEDERVILLE, Australia – African Petroleum (AP) expects to start drilling the Alhamdullilah prospect offshore Gambia later this year.

The company has a 60% interest in Gambian blocks A1 and A4, which cover a total area of 2,668 sq km (1,030 sq mi). The remaining 40% is held by Buried Hill via a farm-in agreement.

In December 2010, the acquisition of 2,500 sq km (965 sq mi) of 3D seismic data over the blocks was completed. From the processed data, more than 30 exploration prospects and leads were identified, including five different play types.

The four-way dip closed Alhamdullilah extends more than 24 sq km (9.3 sq mi), with five mapped reservoirs and a gross thickness of 1,000 m (3,280 ft). ERC Equipoise estimates prospective recoverable resources at 500 MMbbl.

Following detailed mapping that focused on a series of stacked submarine fan complexes, a well location (AH-1) has been agreed and well planning is under way.

The well will be drilled to a TD of 6,300 m (20,669 ft) in 2,300 m (7,546 ft) of water, targeting multiple reservoirs within the structural closure. Drilling is expected to start during the second half of 2013, subject to confirmation of a farm-in partner.

3/18/2013
Source: Offshore magazine

Related Topic from Bantaba Archives: Gambia's Oil Possibility Project

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2013 :  09:37:02  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
1. There are good interactions and on-going exchanges on report from Australia for this topic that "African Petroleum Looks To Drill Offshore Gambia" in Jollof News

2. Visiting website its noted that "African Petroleum is an Oil and Gas Exploration Company focused on offshore West Africa with current projects off the coast of Côte d'Ivoire, The Gambia, Liberia, Senegal and Sierra Leone."

3. It is strange to see two different company profiles globally registered incorporating "African Petroleum" in their corporate name together but different in location and ventures. One in Australia and another in Nigeria? Here we have another website for the one in Nigeria Headquarters known as

Edited by - kobo on 27 Mar 2013 02:18:42
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2013 :  21:10:42  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
AGAIN REFRESHING ON PROSPECTIVE DEVELOPMENT ORIENTATED IDEAS, PROPOSALS AND POLICIES (AMONGST OTHERS) FROM Related topic: National development. FOR;

IS GAMBIA RICH IN OIL, DIAMOND, URANIUM AND OTHER MINERALS? CLARIFICATION IS STILL DIFFICULT TO GET FROM OFFICIAL SOURCES

Foroyaa Editorial: Published on Friday, 22 February 2013

Written by: Ousman Njie

"Foroyaa has been trying to validate information that is still spreading that Gambia is oil and mineral rich. At least every Gambian knows about the minerals being mined in Sanyang and environs.

Some claim that there is offshore oil. Others claim that there is diamond in URR. We have tried to get details from the Geological unit regarding the minerals being mined in Sanyang but to no avail. Despite Foroyaa's efforts to send the questions to the unit as requested the details are not forthcoming.

48 years ago and it is more urgent today than ever for the Government to do a geological survey of the country and identify all the areas where prospecting could be done to ascertain the mineral and oil deposits of the country.

Gambia has a population of 1.7 Million. Mineral deposits of the country if harnessed could ensure that poverty is eradicated. The Natural and mineral resources of the country belong to the people. They are entitled to be informed of any findings and have their share of any benefits. Foroyaa will continue its search for the truth."

Edited by - kobo on 27 Mar 2013 22:22:45
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11511 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2013 :  15:21:29  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
OFFSHORE OIL STILL AT EXPLORATION STAGE
by Abdoulie G. Dibba

Foroyaa Burning Issue: Published on Wednesday, 03 April 2013

A company called African Petroleum (AP) is expected to start drilling prospect offshore later this year. The company is reported to have a 60% interest in Gambian blocks Al and A4, which cover a total area of 2,668 sq km (1,030 sq mi) and the remaining 40% is held by Buried Hill. It is indicated that in December 2010, the company acquired data on the blocks and that from the processed data, more than 30 exploration prospects and leads were identified. The information further indicated that following detailed mapping a well location has been agreed and well planning is underway to make well drilling possible. Drilling is expected to start during the second half of 2013. African Petroleum is an Oil and Gas Exploration Company which focuses on offshore drilling in West Africa with current projects off the coast of Côte d’Ivoire, Liberia, Senegal and Sierra Leone. Further investigations also revealed that there is an African Petroleum Gambia Limited and that in January 2013, a meeting was held in the Gambia between officials of the company and Gambia The purpose of the meeting was centered on training, resource update, work programmes and budget.

Editor’s Note: The Ministry of Petroleum should keep the public informed so that there will be no false hopes. Drilling is about to take place and it is only after such drilling that the true prospects of Gambia being an oil producing country could be determined. Foroyaa will gather more information on the matter.

Source: Foroyaa

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2013 :  12:41:45  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Well well,(OK,I didn't realise that I had made a toubab joke with my first word,honest )I wish the driller every success in their drilling for oil,I hope they find some deposits and that will improve the lives of the average Gambian.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 12 Apr 2013 12:42:40
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2013 :  22:02:00  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
1. HELLO GAMBIA NEWS;

2. TAX HEAVEN AND OFFSHORE BUSINESS NEWS;

Edited by - kobo on 12 Apr 2013 22:49:39
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2013 :  03:27:49  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
What Natural Resources Is President Jammeh Talking About?

SOURCE:THE DAILY NEWS:
EDITORIAL PUBLISHED ON TUESDAY 16 APRIL, 2013

" “As we speak I have evidence of some of the natural resources that we have, that in no time can bring in rapid socio-economic development for this country” President Jammeh. I don’t talk about what we don’t have; I talk about what I know in my possession.” The President was speaking at the 7th Cabinet retreat at his home town of Kanilai.

Speaking at the cabinet retreat, President Jammeh said: “The next three years towards the end of the mandate that the people have given us would be years of rapid progress by the grace of the Almighty Allah.

However this is not the first time that the President of the republic tells Gambians that we have a new found natural resources. Some years back, there was a full television and radio coverage where the president pulled something like a disk from his pocket and showed it to the whole Gambia and the world at large that it contained information to new found natural resources. To this date not much is heard about that resources said to be found.

Again President Jammeh is saying he has found new resources and that to quote his own words published in the Daily Observer newspaper of Tuesday 16th April 2001. “I don’t talk about what we don’t have; I talk about what I know in my possession” Jammeh said.

Are Gambians really expecting anything soon or latter? For it has taken us far more than ten years since he made an earlier promise that he has evidence of a new found natural resources. (Oil)Gambians were once told that we are instead going to be a donor." More

Edited by - kobo on 23 Apr 2013 04:26:15
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2014 :  02:52:45  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
Gambia terminates petroleum exploration licences

Tuesday, January 07, 2014

The government of The Gambia, acting in accordance with the provisions of the petroleum laws of The Gambia has terminated petroleum exploration, development and production licences due to “failure to meet the licence obligations by the licensees," a press release from the presidency has announced Monday.

The following Petroleum licences, according to the release are; Offshore Blocks A1 and A4 licensed to African Petroleum Gambia Limited and Buried Hill Gambia B.V. as partners; Onshore Block Lower River licensed to Oranto Petroleum Limited.

“These Licences have been terminated with immediate effect. The Gambia government will not allow any institution to acquire licences only to keep them for speculation. In our bid to harness our natural resources for the benefit of Gambians, we are not going to deal with speculators,” it concluded.

Source: Daily Observer News

Edited by - kobo on 08 Jan 2014 03:29:15
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2014 :  07:46:25  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
More detail report revealing information on oil exploration since 1956 (colonial times), 1979, 1980s and between 1999 and 2002 (first republic) as Govt. terminates petroleum exploration licences

Govt. terminates petroleum exploration licences

Wednesday, January 08, 2014

The Gambia government has terminated petroleum exploration, development and production licenses, for “failure to meet the licence obligations by the licensees’’, the presidency announced on Monday.

In a statement issued, the Office of the President in Banjul said the government’s decision was in accordance with the provisions of the petroleum laws of The Gambia.

According to the statement, the terminated petroleum licenses are: Offshore Blocks A1 and A4 licensed to African Petroleum Gambia Limited and Buried Hill Gambia B.V. as partners; and, Onshore Block Lower River licensed to Oranto Petroleum Limited.

“These licences have been terminated with immediate effect. The Gambia government will not allow any institution to acquire licences only to keep them for speculation. In our bid to harness our natural resources for the benefit of Gambians, we are not going to deal with speculators,” the presidency added.

It would be recalled that on Friday 13th February 2004, the President delivered a statement to the nation on oil exploration, announcing the results of a study that showed that there exists oil in The Gambia in very large quantities, especially in the study area, and that all the information was recorded on a compact disc.

‘‘It is important that I speak to you today to lay to rest speculations that have engaged many of us, following my address to the nation on the occasion of the 2004 New Year. Some Gambians are aware of the fact that there has been a long history of oil exploration in The Gambia, beginning in 1956,’’ Jammeh said then.

“In the earlier years of the exercise”, he added, “none of the companies exploring for oil in our country carried their exploration work beyond the initial phase, except for Chevron, which drilled an unsuccessful offshore oil exploration well in 1979 called Jammah-1”.

He further stated that, ‘‘under the auspices of the Canadian government and funding, Petro-Canada International carried out studies in the 1980s, and between 1999 and 2002 an oil and gas company also carried out study work and a seismic programme, whose results were very questionable, to say the least, as this government has always believed that oil not only exists in The Gambia, but exists in very large quantities. As a result, their application to extend their license was rejected by government.’’...

Source: The Point News & full report

Edited by - kobo on 09 Jan 2014 09:15:13
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06