Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Announcements
 Announcements: Gambian Websites
 GAINAKO.COM ???
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2013 :  05:46:11  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
@Dalton 1 & dBaldeh!

1. BROWSING GAINAKO.COM GOOGLE CHROME ALERTED MALWARE AND SITE APPEAR TO BE ATTACKED OR TEMPORARILY IS SHUT DOWN, PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED WITH ANY DEVELOPMENTS
quote:
INFO. ON MY COMPUTER:
Chrome

Danger: Malware Ahead!

Google Chrome has blocked access to this page for gainako.com.

Content for www.caelos.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.

Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft,financial losses and permanent file deletion. Learn more

2. TECH "Websites say Google malware warnings hurting business"

Edited by - kobo on 19 Feb 2013 06:21:32

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2013 :  11:23:28  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Dalton1,A definite non politico comment please on the information posted by KOBO above,and kobo can you provide verifiable links from trusted sources that are able to confirm your suspicions ?
I for one am very wary of allegations made by one politico against another politico who have diametrically opposing views.Lets face it in today's world communicating one's message via the internet is very important,me ? I will fold my arms and await developments,it's a good wheeze to get a contentious discussion going though,whether the information is accurate or not doesn't really matter.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2013 :  12:59:18  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Mawdo Kobo & Toubab,

Happy belated independence though I join the many that argue that there isn't a lot to celebrate in a dictatorship like the one we have, from colonial chains to dictatorial chains.

Thanks for enquiries. The Gainako site has been undergoing some work. We are determined to improve on the site to make navigation easy with lots of useful features. We contracted it months back. The first contract terminated based on mutual agreement after the person couldn't continue with the project the way we wanted. We entered another contract and we are hoping that things will get back working soon.

Meanhwile here is what the new Gainako site might look like.

http://gainako.com/main/

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Best of regards,
Yero

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2013 :  14:05:31  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Dalton1,thanks for that explaination, it is a pity that the old site displays the caelos.com address,I searched for that site and it appears that it does not exist or at least I could not find it, BUT the paypal donate link does work and takes you onto a page where you could donate money to someone......who.....? I wouldn't know,personally I think that anyone who considers sending money via this website should think again, has the old website been hacked or what? Dalton I I read your words and I think that you should seriously consider regularising the website as displayed now,as it is very far from satisfactory at the moment,in my opinion anyway,I am a toubab so should I even comment on this ? Anyway I have.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2013 :  14:38:33  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Toubab,

Feedback is welcome. Demba might have to help you answer the question on the paypal and finances. He is entirely managing that. I will put him on alert for your feedback and worries.

You are welcome to reach out to him directly editor@gainako.com/ dbaldeh@gmail.com

quote:
I am a toubab so should I even comment on this... ?

Toubab,
Again, opinions are welcome. I do not honestly know how to address this one. Needless to mention, I do not see color or geographical location as a limitation to opinion.

Thanks,
Yero

"There is no god but Allah (SWT); and Muhammad (SAW)is His last messenger." shahadah. Fear & Worship Allah (SWT) Alone! (:
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2013 :  16:20:31  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Dalton1 Thanks,I gave my opinion but as to doing more on this I LEAVE TO OTHERS,THE MAIN THING IS FIX IT VERY QUICK,you know that politics runs to a great extent on perceptions and rumours.

quote:
Originally posted by Dalton1

Toubab,

Feedback is welcome. Demba might have to help you answer the question on the paypal and finances. He is entirely managing that. I will put him on alert for your feedback and worries.

You are welcome to reach out to him directly editor@gainako.com/ dbaldeh@gmail.com

quote:
I am a toubab so should I even comment on this... ?

Toubab,
Again, opinions are welcome. I do not honestly know how to address this one. Needless to mention, I do not see color or geographical location as a limitation to opinion.

Thanks,
Yero

Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2013 :  09:25:40  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
quote:
Dalton1 Thanks,I gave my opinion but as to doing more on this I LEAVE TO OTHERS,THE MAIN THING IS FIX IT VERY QUICK,you know that politics runs to a great extent on perceptions and rumours.

Toubab,

Again, thanks for concern and I understand where your fears are coming from. We weren't hacked, just that the person holding our key was way behind task. Be rest assured every feedback is useful. I checked with Demba and he sure agrees with your worry. He've been fighting with the tech guy for almost a week. The up-keep of these sides are just a side thing for us, and most of the times, people are running their livelihood errands.

Also, while feedback in the open is entirely okay, probably shooting us an email does it even better. Sometimes I stay days without visiting sthese ites. All the same, keep your eyes sharper!

The laughter is you are being overly humbled by bringing the limitation of Toubab. I grew up with Toubabs---my teachers, my managers, my co-workers, my friends, my school mentors, etc...all you can think about. I will be so damned confused if anyone says to me Toubab is limited to his/her opinion. I do not see much of color, I just see people, sincere ones, and that is what matters to me.

anyway, good night....catch you on another thread.

Yero

Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2013 :  14:02:01  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
"He've been fighting with the tech guy for almost a week. " Well I think that the "Tech Guy" had had a severe wake up call I just checked and found the new site working as it should .Look out for NEW News on a regular basis now.

Edited by - toubab1020 on 20 Feb 2013 14:03:13
Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2013 :  15:44:30  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
CONGRATS JOB WELL DONE AND NEW LOOK GAINAKO.COM
Go to Top of Page

Dalton1

3485 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2013 :  22:29:23  Show Profile  Visit Dalton1's Homepage Send Dalton1 a Private Message
Happy Friday Kobo.

Here is a little tribute for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4smysZSjHiY&NR=1&feature=endscreen

Best regards,
Yero

Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2013 :  12:25:19  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
Dalton 1 Thanks and good luck to Gainako team.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06