Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Turism & Travel Forum
 Travel Forum
 Spanish airline Spanair ceases operations
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Momodou

Denmark
11512 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2012 :  10:40:25  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Several Gambians from Scandinavia and the rest of Europe who travelled with Spanair are now stranded in the Gambia.

Travellers from Denmark are hereby informed that Spanair is not a member of the Travel Guarantee Fund, and then there's no help there, says Rejsegarantifonden Birgitte Fjeldoff to DR News.

"If customers have purchased their tickets through a travel agent and have opted for a bankruptcy insurance, the agent will make sure that you either get a different carrier or get money back.

Just this weekend Spanair is expected to cancel 212 flights, and it will hit over 22,000 passengers, writes the Spanish newspaper El País."

Related Topics:

A clear conscience fears no accusation - proverb from Sierra Leone

kiwi

Sweden
660 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2012 :  12:47:47  Show Profile Send kiwi a Private Message
Thanks for posting this, Momodou. I just realised that a person I know travelled wit Spanair. Hi will not be happy at all when answering my call in a couple of minutes.

kiwi
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2012 :  14:20:16  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Reading this Momodou, makes me think that we in the UK who do have procedures in place to deal with such catastrophes as this are lucky,I feel for other passengers who are not covered in any way.
Spanair is just another victim of the world financial problems,not helped by the Euro crisis.

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

kiwi

Sweden
660 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2012 :  14:10:04  Show Profile Send kiwi a Private Message
I have been told that those in Gambia are asked to go to RELAX TRAVELS LTD , 64 Kairaba Avenue to arrange for new return tickets.

kiwi
Go to Top of Page

toubab1020

12237 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2012 :  14:11:54  Show Profile Send toubab1020 a Private Message
Great at last someone is giving some help !

"Simple is good" & I strongly dislike politics. You cannot defend the indefensible.
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11512 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2012 :  14:46:18  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by kiwi

I have been told that those in Gambia are asked to go to RELAX TRAVELS LTD , 64 Kairaba Avenue to arrange for new return tickets.

Kiwi, perhaps this depends on where one bought his/her ticket. I was informed that Man-go Travel is not a member of the Danish Travel Guarantee Fund and those who bought their tickets through them will only get a very minimum refund.

Go to Top of Page

kiwi

Sweden
660 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2012 :  15:00:32  Show Profile Send kiwi a Private Message
Actually, I don´t know for sure. I called the Swedish agent GM Travel in Gothenburg (used to be run by a Gambian) who said that Relax Travel is the Gambian agent for Spanair. That is all I know so far. I myself woud recommend everyone to visit or call them (220-4377934, 220-7786104) as quickly as possible.

kiwi
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11512 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2012 :  15:05:47  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Kiwi, thanks for the additional information.

Go to Top of Page

kiwi

Sweden
660 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2012 :  20:11:34  Show Profile Send kiwi a Private Message
My ex called Relax today and was told that for an additional charge of $ 200, he will be booked on a Brussel Airlines flight. He did not ask if this also applied to those who purchased the ticket at Man-go travel, but he understood that it applies to all who flew with Spanair. He was also told that if he does not leave before end of May, he should go back and ask if it may be extended.

Good luck to everybody. I keep my fingers crossed.

kiwi
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11512 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  11:05:20  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Perhaps your ex should remember to take an additional 20 EURO with him to the airport for the airport tax. I was told that one has to pay 220 EURO for the Brussel Airline flight to Copenhagen which includes the airport tax. We currently have 16 Danish students and two teachers there who travelled with Spanair.

Go to Top of Page

kiwi

Sweden
660 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  12:38:33  Show Profile Send kiwi a Private Message
Thanks, I will tell him.

kiwi
Go to Top of Page

kiwi

Sweden
660 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  16:26:13  Show Profile Send kiwi a Private Message
By the way, what are the studens/techers doing there? Are they just on vacation? Visiting a school? Teaching?
I have noticed that the Danes are involved in various help projects, they even care for stray cats... or was it dogs?

kiwi
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11512 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  16:50:15  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Grade 10 students from Helsingør Lille Skole had been visiting Kuntaur Upper Basic School in CRD, yearly since 1997. This is another of such visits and they are in the third week.

Go to Top of Page

kiwi

Sweden
660 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2012 :  23:11:29  Show Profile Send kiwi a Private Message
http://www.helsingordagblad.dk/article/20120208/LOKALENYHEDER/702089991/0/NETNYT2

So they are back now?

kiwi
Go to Top of Page

Momodou

Denmark
11512 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2012 :  08:35:35  Show Profile Send Momodou a Private Message
Kiwi, thank for the link. Yes, they are back

Go to Top of Page

kobo

United Kingdom
7765 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2012 :  23:13:59  Show Profile Send kobo a Private Message
UPDATE WITH FOROYAA BURNING ISSUES NEWS;
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
| More
Jump To:
Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06