Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 Gambia Grabs ECOWAS Commission Presidency

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Momodou Posted - 07 Oct 2021 : 12:35:52
Gambia Grabs ECOWAS Commission Presidency
The Chronicle: Oct 7, 2021

By Omar Faye

https://www.chronicle.gm/gambia-grabs-ecowas-commission-presidency/

The Gambia will assume the position of President of the ECOWAS Commission for the period from 2022 to 2026 a dispatch from State House has indicated.

The decision was unanimously agreed by the ECOWAS Council. The Gambia’s candidate picked for the high profile job is Dr Omar A. Touray.

It’s the first time in the history of the ECOWAS Commission that Gambia will occupy the seat. The position rotates among members states of the organisation.

Receiving the news, President Barrow said it’s a sign of the country’s recognition within the sub-region and the strengthened of democratic credentials and respect for the rule of law and independence of the institutions of the state.

Dr Omar A. Touray until his appointment was a former Ambassador and Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the Gambia. He joined the diplomatic service of the Gambia, starting as Senior Assistant Secretary in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs before being assigned as Secretary and then Counsellor at the Gambia mission to the European Union in Brussels. In 2002, he was appointed Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the African Union in Addis Ababa, with concurrent accreditation as High Commissioner to South Africa and Kenya and then in 2008, Permanent Representative of Gambia to the UN. Omar have also written articles and books, such as the Gambia and the World: A History of Foreign Policy of Africa’s Smallest State (Hamburg Institut fur Afrika-Kunde,2000), The African Union: The First Ten Years (London: Rowman and Littlefield, 2006) including several papers on African affairs and international development. Publish in Globe #17
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
toubab1020 Posted - 07 Oct 2021 : 19:02:00
The New Gambia is now being recognised as being a very important and trustworthy member of ECOWAS. Times are changing very fast in New Gambia at the very highest level,as I have written before ,long may it continue and may it bring Peace and prosperity to the whole population of The Gambia.
Is Nationhood instead of multi tribalism coming to an end?

Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06