Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Environment and sustainable development
 Gambian Activists Protest Chinese Destruction

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Momodou Posted - 09 Sep 2021 : 17:40:34
VIDEO – Gambian Activists Protest Chinese Wetland Destruction of Old Palma Rima Cycle track

The Chronicle: Sep 8, 2021
By Omar Faye & Sering Jagne

https://www.chronicle.gm/video-gambian-activists-protest-chinese-wetland-destruction-of-old-palma-rima-cycle-track/

Environmental activist groups are calling for an immediate cease of work at a construction site currently underway at the Old Cycle track next to Palma Rima Hotel in The Gambia.

The famous wetland and an ecological site that serves as a tourists attraction is a habitat for more than 150 species of births and plants. But the site has currently come under threat as construction, purportedly by a Chinese company, is taking place, threatening the whole ecosystem with destruction.

Environmental activist groups say the decision to invade and destroy the said wetland area violates the protection of the country’s fauna and flora and the Ramsar convention of 1971, in which the Gambia is a signatory. The activists vow not to stop their campaign until the government stops the ongoing construction site

Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06