Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Politics Forum
 Politics: Gambian politics
 NAM Dembo Camara regrets voting

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
toubab1020 Posted - 13 Apr 2021 : 18:25:26
SNIPPET: "The Women Enterprise Fund bill amounting to D10 million was tabled in parliament by the Minister of Women, Children and Social Welfare Fatou Kinteh “to uplift the socio-economic condition” of women, following its approval by lawmakers last year.
But speaking during the National Assembly adjournment debate, NAM Camara said he was utterly dismayed and disappointed in Minister Kinteh for using the funds outside its model for political purposes.
The minister presented several cheques worth over a million dalasi to several women groups in Banjul, the West Coast Region, and other parts of the country during President Adama Barrow’s meet the people tour last year."

==========

https://standard.gm/nam-regrets-backing-women-enterprise-fund-accuses-govt-of-politicisation0/

==========

By Tabora Bojang on April 13 2021

The National Assembly Member for Illiassa, Dembo Camara has said he regrets voting for the women enterprise fund bill, as he accuses the government of politicising the funds meant to empower Gambian women regardless of their political leanings.

The Women Enterprise Fund bill amounting to D10 million was tabled in parliament by the Minister of Women, Children and Social Welfare Fatou Kinteh “to uplift the socio-economic condition” of women, following its approval by lawmakers last year.

But speaking during the National Assembly adjournment debate, NAM Camara said he was utterly dismayed and disappointed in Minister Kinteh for using the funds outside its model for political purposes.

The minister presented several cheques worth over a million dalasi to several women groups in Banjul, the West Coast Region, and other parts of the country during President Adama Barrow’s meet the people tour last year.

“I was very disappointed in the Minister [Fatou Kinteh] when I saw her presenting cheques at a political rally. I said no to this because this money does not belong to any political party. It was given to her to empower all the women in this country that is why when she tabled it [bill] we all supported her agenda,” Camara queried.

“If I knew the money [women empowerment fund] is going to be used as a campaign tool, I will not support it,” he added.

Mrs. Kinteh, a gender activist and social worker, was appointed minister of women’s affairs in March 2019 following the creation of the new ministry.

Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.01 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06