Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Education Forum
 Education
 Morgan kunda: A great initiative!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Momodou Posted - 02 Nov 2020 : 20:07:44
MESSAGE TO THE PUPILS OF MORGAN CLARK LOWER BASIC SCHOOL-FROM PHIL MORGAN, CHAIRMAN OF MORGANCLARK FOUNDATION.

In December 2009 i visited jarjari and had a meeting,under a large mongo tree, with the leaders and elders of jarjari, india and the surrounding villages.

We dicussed the nursery school that has been washed away by the floods.
At the end of the meeting i was so impressed with the passion for education and the enthusiam to have a school in jarjari that i returned to England determined to build a new school in jarjari.
Construction started in feb 2010 and the school was opened in feb 2011.

Again, i was hugely impressed with the hard work and enthusiasm that went into the construction. To build a school in 12 months without mechanical diggers and cement mixers was a great feat.
At this point, with the school built, i could have said- "my job is done, i have built a school as i have promised and now i will go back to my life in the UK"
I did not do this as i had enjoyed working on, what we called in the uk, the "jarjari school project" and felt my work was not completed.
In 2012 we built the extra classroom and the wall and the school was passed over to your Education department.
My next objective was to find a way to make the school self- funding as i believe in the saying " Give a man a fish and he will feed his family for a day. Teach a man how to fish and he will feed his family for a life time".
After much consideration i decided that the best way to raise funds and generate employment in the north bank was to build tourism in the region based around BIRD WATCHING.
In january this year we opened MORGAN KUNDA LODGE to provide accomodation for Bird Watchers and other tourists. The development of Morgan Kunda and bird watching in the region is a long term project but will, i am sure, be a big success in the future.
In addition to providing accomodation for paying guests to provide funds for morgan clark foundation the lodge has a conference room, where, in March, my daughter and her midwife colleague ran a training course for midwives and TRADITIONAL BIRTH ATTENDANTS ( TBAs). As a result of this course we know that from the lessons learnt by the TBAs and midwives many babies and morhers lives will be saved in the future.

One day we will be having computers in the conference Room and we will be able to run adult education courses and more health care training programmes.

So what lessons can you learn from being part of the " Jarjari school project"for the past 5 years ?
I think the lessons are:
To be successful you must-
Have passion for what you want to achieve
You must show enthusiasm- people will want to help you if they see and feel your enthusiam- Sheriff is a good example.
Working incredibily hard-doing just enough to get by will not be good enough to besuccessful.
Don't give in when things dont go to plan- we had many problems to overcome when building the school and the lodge and each time we had to find a way to overcome the problems.

The school has been very successful over the 5 years and i am very proud to hear of the school's results and the excellent work being done by the Teachers and staff- well done to you all.

To those pupils who are leaving the school this year my message to you is-
If you can support the school, the teachers and staff in any way in the future please do so-remember, that you will always be part of the school and you should be proud to have been a pupil at MORGAN CLARK LOWER BASIC SCHOOL.
One day some of may go on to be DOCTORS, NURSES, SCIENTISTS, AND TEACHERS and will all be very proud to see your carriers develop and your and your achievements. However the school was built to give every one an opportunity to be successful and that means that if you not able to go on to higher Education you will also be successful as long as you work hard and strive to be the very best at what you decide to do in the futute.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL- WE ARE PROUD OF YOU.

Finally i would like to thank The Minister of Education, The Chief mr jammeh of illiassa, the head teacher mr Sulayman Singhateh and his staff and every one else involved with supporting the school and helping it to be such a great success.
And a special thanks from me ( Phil Morgan) and, i am sure all you pupils, for Mr Bakary Jammeh, as without him none of this would have happen.
PHIL AND Gina Morgan

Source: Bakary Jammeh- Morgan kunda lodge
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
toubab1020 Posted - 03 Nov 2020 : 10:38:56
Thanks for that clarification, there are still people around who wish to offer constructive "help" to thone who are suffering but are restricted in their abilities because of the pandemic.

quote:
Originally posted by Momodou

quote:
Originally posted by toubab1020

Obviously someone who is excited and hopeful that in the future when Covirid-19 Virus has been consigned to the history books Democracy free Speach, development, good education,health care and tourism, transparency will increase in leaps and bounds in THE NEW Gambia.

The message was delivered a couple of years ago and not related to current COVID-19. I believe its a wonderful project. https://www.morganclarkfoundation.org/

Momodou Posted - 03 Nov 2020 : 10:19:20
quote:
Originally posted by toubab1020

Obviously someone who is excited and hopeful that in the future when Covirid-19 Virus has been consigned to the history books Democracy free Speach, development, good education,health care and tourism, transparency will increase in leaps and bounds in THE NEW Gambia.

The message was delivered a couple of years ago and not related to current COVID-19. I believe its a wonderful project. https://www.morganclarkfoundation.org/

toubab1020 Posted - 03 Nov 2020 : 00:43:59

Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06