Bantaba in Cyberspace
Bantaba in Cyberspace
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Education Forum
 Education
 Armitage School: 10 million project

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List
Videos: Google videoYoutubeFlash movie Metacafe videoQuicktime movieWindows Media videoReal Video

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Momodou Posted - 04 Jul 2018 : 00:28:42
D10M project launched to revamp Armitage Senior School

The Point: Tuesday, July 03, 2018
http://thepoint.gm/africa/gambia/article/d10m-project-launched-to-revamp-armitage-senior-school

MRC Holland Foundation in collaboration with the Ministry of Basic and Secondary Education (MoBSE) has launched a project worth 10 Million dalasis to refurbish dormitories and classrooms at Armitage Senior Secondary School.

The project was launched on Saturday June 30, 2018, which coupled with the school’s 86th graduation ceremony of its 91 year establishment.

Speaking at the ceremony, the head of MRC Holland Hendrietta Sonko made special mention of the former vice president Fatoumatta Jallow-Tambajang also an ex-student of the school for encouraging her to invest in the upkeep of the school.

“I’d like to pay tribute to a very prominent ex-pupil of the school, Fatoumatta Jallow-Tambajang who has been very instrumental in getting me into the school and encouraging me all the time to assist the school further,” she said. “When I came here the first time I was discouraged, I said this task is too huge, why do you want to continue having a boarding school if it’s so difficult to sustain it and she (Fatoumatta Jallow-Tambajang) was very steadfast, saying how important it is to have one boarding school in the Gambia under the government.”

MRC Holland had already begun fencing the school one of the many works it has undertaken to improve the dilapidated condition of the school.

The highlight of the event, to the delight of the gathering was when Mrs. Sonko broke the news of the 10M project right on the spot.

“Next two days we have another big project which I want to launch here today and hand over contract documents to the contractors and the ministry,” she continued. “One is for the main construction and the other for electrical installation including a solar backup system which will be coming later so that you will have 24 hours security light facilities.”

“The total amount for all the works together which is going to be launched now is more than 10 million dalasis, it will include the refurbishment of the whole school to a very good standard,” she noted.

The minister of Basic and Secondary Education Claudiana Cole expressed her delight over the launching of the project and thanked MRC Holland for the gesture. She described MRC Holland as “valuable partners, saying it has other projects across the country to complement the ministry’s efforts.

“I want to tell everybody here that MRC Holland under the leadership of Madam Hendrietta Sonko is doing this in addition to supporting infrastructural development in other schools across the country from region one to six,” she said. “So MRC Holland is our valuable partner at the Ministry of Education and I can’t imagine what we would have been able to do with a project like Armitage and some other schools without them.”

The Basic Education minister further expressed appreciation and presented her a with certificate for the support rendered by her foundation to the development of education in the country.

Author: Sankulleh Gibril Janko

Bantaba in Cyberspace © 2005-2024 Nijii Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. User Policy, Privacy & Disclaimer | Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.06